PDA

View Full Version : 250R cool head,,,which one???

CBW
05-02-2002, 09:02 PM
I have the pro desing on 2 of my R's, and have no problems with them. But for my 88 i was thinking of getting the ESR cool head cause i can get it in red anodized. My question is does any one with the 250r have the esr head,,,how is it.??? Or should i just go with a duncan head,which is like the pro design, and get a paul turner pipe to boot:D :D . Just looking for some input and opnions......thanks............

CW

mrusk
05-02-2002, 09:10 PM
Nothing finer than a ESR cool head. I have a black one. It is a absoulte peice of art! Alot nices than my friends pro design. I am happy i got the esr.

matt

CBW
05-02-2002, 09:15 PM
i was just on the esr website......it says tht they fit esr/pro-x cylinders.....do they fit stock also??? In your sig your cylinder appears to be the stock one,,,,is it??? Thanks for the reply matt

mrusk
05-02-2002, 09:18 PM
Make sure you tell them you have a stock cylinder. My dad didnt tell them that and i ended up getting a 310 cool head. But ESR is such a great company they overnighted me the right cool head!!! It was even my fault i got the wrong one and the hooked me up still.

ESR is the best company i have ever dealt with with my quad.

matt

CBW
05-02-2002, 09:23 PM
thanks matt..you have just made up my mind..:D ..i guess i will be calling soon cause i want to freshen up my top end before i go riding in a couple of weeks.....btw ,,,,have you heard anything about their 310 kits???? i have had my eye on them for a while now, and i dont really like the prices of LRD right now,,,,but i like the apparent quality of their work......and i have a while before i have to make up my mind on that one......

05-03-2002, 10:54 AM
man i cant wait for my 250r...then i can be part of this convo

deansfastway
05-03-2002, 11:28 AM
DID YOU GET THAT HEAD ON YOUR ENGINE ? HOW DOES IT RUN? GOOD LUCK , I JUST WISH I HAD A SET OF SHOCKS YOU COULD BORROW c-ya DEAN

TRX250R87
05-03-2002, 11:44 AM
I also have a Pro Design head on my R.
I saw the ESR a few weeks ago at a booth at the Daniel Boone GNC National. The water passages are a lot different then the PD. If I ever get a new one(mine is non o-ring) I will get the ESR!
I also have one of those star shaped domes, it's 19cc.
ERIC

twisted threads
05-03-2002, 01:33 PM
Have you guys see the new ESR bolt on 330? My buddy got one about two months ago and it runs GREAT!
I don't have a aftermarket head yet but when I get one it will be a ESR head and hopefully a bigbore cylinder that comes with it.
:D

mrusk
05-03-2002, 05:03 PM
Dean- I got the head on the engine. Havn't run it yet. I got my shocks tuesdays, 6 weeks to the day. I would be running it this weekend if i could get my swingarm pivot needle bearings out. We tried everything on them. You have any tips for them?

matt

Dave400ex
05-03-2002, 05:39 PM
TC Racing also has a 250r Head. My Brother has one on his 250r. Very Nice Head. I think it`s Built for Stock Bore Motors though.

MR. HONDA EX'S
05-03-2002, 06:01 PM
I've got a PD head on my 250r that I just got. Haven't had a chance to run it yet. due to no spark. I've got a ESR catalog, the heads look realy nice. Never heard anything bad about them. My buddy has a paul Turner head and pipe, runs like a raped ape.

Not to get off the subject, but does anybody know where the black and white wire for the ingtion(sp) goes, i've been racking my brain. I think the problem with the spark is in this area. Not sure yet, It was hooked up to a kill switch, I took it apart and tried to put the wires the together,blk/w to all blk and green to green for the ground right. It should work. Right?:confused:

CBW
05-03-2002, 06:32 PM
i heard paul turner (duncan racing) makes awsome pipes....

i just got home,,,,,,sounds like you have the wires right....,,,but i will check the wires in while.........and get back to ya.........

Gettin back to ya....... .....the black does go to the bk/wh and the green to green. But do you have the stock kill switch...?? Cause all it does is put the bk/wh to ground to kill the motor. So if your switch is bad just unhook the green, or the black and try to start it and see what happens........hope i helped.........

or the CDI box like warriorman said,,,,,,,,,good call warriorman,,,i forgot about that

Dave400ex
05-03-2002, 07:34 PM
Man that is Weird MR. HONDA EX`S. My Brother`s 250r did the same thing and it was the CDI Box. He checked all the Wiring and it is the CDI Box. Maybe you are having the same Problem.

max400EX
05-03-2002, 09:21 PM
If its not ESR, its a waste. My friend has the ESR TRX 6 pipe and no lid, that sucker rips. He was far outdoing me at the dunes in oregon. At Winchest he pulled the big Tree/Hill shoot with no problem, it's impressive if you know what i'm talking about.

CBW
05-03-2002, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by max400EX
If its not ESR, its a waste. My friend has the ESR TRX 6 pipe and no lid, that sucker rips. He was far outdoing me at the dunes in oregon. At Winchest he pulled the big Tree/Hill shoot with no problem, it's impressive if you know what i'm talking about.

i know what you are talkin about......i went to sand fest in 2k,,,,wish i could go back :(

Troy86250r
05-03-2002, 11:04 PM
Accually max its a trx5 pipe. Its an all around pipe where the trx6 is more of a motocross pipe. I still ride motocross with the trx5 pipe too though and think it does great.

MR. HONDA EX'S
05-04-2002, 10:01 AM
Chris, I don't have the stock kill switch, It's a aftermarket switch. The wiring harness is a hillbilly wiring job. Wires stripped and black taped together. I'm going to start checking stuff out in a little bit. Starting from the stator the moving on. I pray I can find it.:confused: