PDA

View Full Version : help me!!!

TheGator
02-15-2005, 08:42 PM
im about to buy a new quad but cant decide between the 450r or the yfz 450. if anyone can give me information on either quad to help me make my decision that would be great thanks.

culookn
02-15-2005, 09:59 PM
you have this posted in the 450r section bud. most people i think would say go with the R. i think there both competative so itsyour preference.

pkb324
02-15-2005, 10:17 PM
I would say it depends one what your use for the quad is....and if you plan on doin work to the quad right away... i would say if you plan on racing mx or dont want to have to do engine work..yamaha is your best bet...but if you are doing anything else or dont mind at least puttin a cam and exhaust on it the honda is a much nicer smoother ride.. and is just much more user friendly!
hope this helps ;)

ms250r
02-16-2005, 02:16 AM
Down at my sponsors shop I have helped and watched my sponsor work on both quads, and once u start to ride the yamaha for a couple months the bearings are shot and the frames dont last. And the yamaha has so much wires to deal with too. My sponsor was tearing down one yamaha that the kid raced for a half a season and the frame was cracked in a couple different places and the sub-frame was ****. The other kid we just got done working on his yfz and he just trail rides and all the bushings in the front end was shot, That bike wasnt even a year old either. We havent had any major issues with any of the 450r's down there yet. just my two cents.

mike

02-16-2005, 05:28 AM
if you plan to RACE MX then gett he YFZ, if you plan to do any other riding then I would say to get the 450r. I have heard they yamaha is more maintenance too and harder to work on

beak7707
02-16-2005, 12:55 PM
I think the Honda is a better quad, yes I own one but thats the reason why. Another reason is because I race XC and ride trails and woods. If you are into MX then yes the YFZ is probably a better choice. But for everyday riding and XC/trails I think the Honda is a much better quad. just go to the dealer and sit on both of them and see which you are more happy with. It will be your quad and you will be riding it so you need to be happy with it, not what everybody else thinks.