PDA

View Full Version : Silver Lake Who's Goin????????!!!

05-02-2002, 08:22 PM
All you EXriders that are near the michigan area or if you wanna make a big, fun trip try to meet up to the silver lake sand dunes in MEARS mich. on the weekend before the 4th, which would be the 27-30 of June. Get reservations for the camp grounds soon cause they will fill up in a hurry this is a big weekend I'll try to get the phone number for the Yogi Bear camp site. Its really nice with a heated pool great showers and service. I know of alot of people on here that are goin. If Leo could I wish he would make and sell the dune whips with the EXriders.com logo on them cause i would defently buy one!! HINT HINT. Hope to see you ALL!! there. Tell me if your goin I just wanna see how many people might show I'm defently there fer sher took off work already!!

Thanks BigBore440!:devil

JustRace
05-02-2002, 08:57 PM
I would rather go on a smaller weekend so it wouldn't be so busy.

nakomis0
05-02-2002, 09:03 PM
I'm there for sure. We go that weekend every year.

exriderdude
05-03-2002, 09:03 AM
yea, i would rather go when there is not so many people there. im definitly gonna go sometime this summer but i dont know when.

Leo, i would buy a flag too:D

nakomis0
05-03-2002, 03:49 PM
Isn't the fact that the place is gonna be busy even more of a reason to go?! Bad arse quads, trucks, buggies, GIRLS!?!. A whole poop load of eye candy. Drag Races! Chrome, 'Furry Banshees?! I guess you could pet it. !?! Everyones there to have fun and show thier stuff off.
You do have to be a little more safe, and responsible. Every yr, I see a bad accident. Actually alot of peeps leave the dunes later in the day, so If you feel safer doing your riding with less people around, than thats ur chance.
Me I'm hardcore. I get there around 9-11am and stay there all freakin day. Go back to camp, drink till we feel ready to play with fireworks, blow stuff up, drink some more, than pass out, than do It all over the next day.

JustRace
05-03-2002, 08:09 PM
Really modded banshees aren't going to be able to pass the sound tests. And my thinking is that there are going to be so many people there that besides the usually back up, that there will be a huge back up now do to the sound/spark arrestor testing.

skull
05-06-2002, 01:00 AM
BigBore440All you EXriders that are near the michigan area or if you wanna make a big, fun trip try to meet up to the silver lake sand dunes in MEARS mich. on the weekend before the 4th, which would be the 27-30 of June. Get reservations for the camp grounds soon cause they will fill up in a hurry this is a big weekend I'll try to get the phone number for the Yogi Bear camp site. Its really nice with a heated pool great showers and service. I know of alot of people on here that are goin. If Leo could I wish he would make and sell the dune whips with the EXriders.com logo on them cause i would defently buy one!! HINT HINT. Hope to see you ALL!! there. Tell me if your goin I just wanna see how many people might show I'm defently there fer sher took off work already!!
the state park campgrounds will be cheaper. they don't have the pool though.

Originally posted by nakomis0
Isn't the fact that the place is gonna be busy even more of a reason to go?! Bad arse quads, trucks, buggies, GIRLS!?!. A whole poop load of eye candy. Drag Races! Chrome, 'Furry Banshees?! I guess you could pet it. !?! Everyones there to have fun and show thier stuff off.
You do have to be a little more safe, and responsible. Every yr, I see a bad accident. Actually alot of peeps leave the dunes later in the day, so If you feel safer doing your riding with less people around, than thats ur chance.
Me I'm hardcore. I get there around 9-11am and stay there all freakin day. Go back to camp, drink till we feel ready to play with fireworks, blow stuff up, drink some more, than pass out, than do It all over the next day. don't expect to get away with this stuff at Jellystone or the State Park, you'll have to go to Silver City. at Silver City anything goes, it's nuts!

I'm with the other guys, I can see enough cool rides on any weekend. when it's busy, the sand sux (it's all rutted and chopped up), long line to get in, and hardly no parking.
the absolute best riding I've ever done there was durring the middle of the week. we had like 5 or 6 guys in our group, and had the whole place to ourselves (at least it felt like it). the sand was awesome, crusin over smooth untouched sand was unbelievable. also all the dunes were razorbacked, so there was mega air jumps everywhere.

we were there last year and there was an accident right when we showed up. a couple in a toyota pickup rolled over the last big dune (that used to always be a razorback). the woman was killed in the wreck, and her husband was injured. and just think, they could have had a roll cage installed for about $800.

nakomis0
05-06-2002, 01:54 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by skull

the state park campgrounds will be cheaper. they don't have the pool though.

don't expect to get away with this stuff at Jellystone or the State Park, you'll have to go to Silver City. at Silver City anything goes, it's nuts!

We have a friend with property up there so we do whatever we want. :D

Last year we did stay at Silver City , and they are starting to crack down on the noise. We where in the very back of the park, and got threatened to be kicked out about 4times on 1 weekend. We were not even that loud. Heck it wasn't even a bunch or rowdy guys, it was me, my girlfriend and 6 of her girlfriends, and 1 other dood.
1 time it was legit for us to get kicked out, seems the bar got a little outta hand when people started playing topless and naked vollyball for about a 1/2 hr, beofre anyone at the bar noticed.

Actually skull is Silver City the one with the bar? Thats the one I'm talking about. I also stayed at the other camp ground right near there, and they were kinda strict too. .. maybe we are just too rowdy?

Red Rooster
05-06-2002, 06:37 PM
What time are people gonna start getting there on thursday? If you guys get there early (like 11:00am) I'll probably get my dad to take me. But I think we should chose a less busy weekend. My dad isin't real big on staying overnight with all the partying.

skull
05-07-2002, 03:39 AM
nakomis0,
I don't remember Silver City having a bar, I did remember them being very cool though as far as noise and fireworks. that will suck if they changed. I'm not rowdy, but I got some friends who are.
anyway, I can't find anyone who can go up in a couple weeks. I was thinking about going this weekend, but I don't think that will happen. anyone want to go up on May 18-19th? let me know!

skull
05-08-2002, 04:46 AM
I forgot, I have a wedding to go to on the 18th.

anyone up for June 1st, anyone?

nakomis0
05-08-2002, 02:42 PM
I'm going up June 6th. And June 27th. I'm sure I'll be going up a few other times, but nothing is set in stone like these 2 dates.

Red Rooster
05-16-2002, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by nakomis0
I'm going up June 6th. And June 27th. I'm sure I'll be going up a few other times, but nothing is set in stone like these 2 dates.
I'm glad to see someone else is just going to be there for the day on the 27th. What time are you going to get there? We should meet up. I just was up there yesterday(15th), and got some nice air pics!

nakomis0
05-16-2002, 02:58 PM
Are you going up there for the whole weekend on the 27th?

I'm not sure what time we will be getting up there yet. But I know we will be there all weekend and ussually get to the dunes early and stay there all day.

That would be cool to meet up.

Red Rooster
05-16-2002, 03:56 PM
I'll only be there on the 27th, and get there at 1 or 1:30. (if this changes, I'll let you know). So it would be cool if you get there then to, but no hurries.

Red Rooster
06-02-2002, 01:59 PM
Hey I just figured I'd bump this up. Lets see how many people and what times they're getting there. I'll start

2 or 3
getting there the 27th shoot for 1:00 and leave when it closes.

racin 400
06-02-2002, 08:21 PM
How does your 300EX do at Silver Lake?

nakomis0
06-02-2002, 09:00 PM
I'm going up next weekend, the 7th. Won't ride till Saterday at around 10am.

And prolly the same story when I go up there other weekend. Get there on friday the 28th and wont ride till Saterday around noon.

Don't think many or any exriders are gonna get up there , they are all scared of it being busy
:rolleyes:

skull
06-03-2002, 12:42 AM
it was awesome! there was a good strong wind, so the dunes got smoothed out quick. I love nothing more then some good smooth dunes to ride on.
also, my buddy brought one of those canopy things. we used it when in the parking lot to keep the sun from cookin us while we cooked some dogs. my buddy also had a spare air mattress and let me use it. that was cool, now I got to go get one of those, I slept like a rock!
the weather was perfect, and the dunes were much better this year then they were last year. the last hill is a nice razorback again, like it's supposed to be. not some lame rolling hill that it was last year.
can't wait to go back!

Red Rooster
06-03-2002, 09:06 AM
The 300 does pretty good in the dunes. I'm hoping to have my new carb on by the 27th. Then I should have more topend. Half the time I'm riding, the quad is in 5th or 4th pinned with the front end or all four tires off the ground. lol
So Nakomis0, You won't be therer on the 27th? That stinks. I'll probably ride alone again. Aw, poor me.:( :( :mad:

nakomis0
06-23-2002, 02:44 PM
bump