PDA

View Full Version : Need some help w/ a hesitation problem

platinum350
02-15-2005, 04:35 PM
Ok, can't get this problem solved.so I need some help. The problem is on a 2001 banshee w/ pipe, jets and stock air box w/ some filters/ vents in it. It was running fine for a while until a couple weks ago. It boggs/ hesitates badly when it is at idle and you punch the gas. Once you get the RPM's up it runs great. So far we checked the filter, fuel line filter, plugs, cleaned carb and jets and re-adjusted the air mixture screw while running which had NO effect on it's performance what so ever. Pleas any help w/ this is appreciated!
Thanks

K_Fulk
02-15-2005, 04:41 PM
Sounds like you need diffrent pilot jets or you need to move your needles up or down.

platinum350
02-15-2005, 05:22 PM
The only reason I question what you suggest is because how well it ran before. Then out of nowhere it started this problem. You know what I mean?

K_Fulk
02-15-2005, 05:29 PM
When did it start doing it? did it start this after the weather got colder? Its really hard to guess whats wrong with it when you dont have all the information, or the bike right in front of you. Even then it still takes some time to figure a problem out.

platinum350
02-15-2005, 05:51 PM
I know, it is hard to figure out via the internet. Now that you say that it could have been since it's been cold out. If it since the weather has changed, what do you think I should do?

K_Fulk
02-15-2005, 06:40 PM
If its cold weather related you would need to raise you needles and / or pilot jets.

Toadz400
02-15-2005, 09:17 PM
Banshees are a major pain with weather changes. Try moving your needle clip down one notch and see if that helps. That should richen it up for the colder weather, and maybe even your main jet needs to be richened. Try doing a plug chop to see where you're at for jetting...that's the only way you're going to know.

I'm currently still trying to get my jetting dead on with my Banshee...still won't go past 1/2 throttle:mad: .

platinum350
02-16-2005, 11:49 AM
The quad is actually my friends and were trying to get it ready for next weekend, we have a trip planned to ride in Hazelton. He told me he has been running this setup for the last couple of years w/ no problem-- cold or warm. Any other suggestions besides the richening/ leaning it out?

Toadz400
02-16-2005, 05:56 PM
Check the reeds, one might be sticking open or be cracked.

platinum350
02-16-2005, 06:43 PM
Great suggestion! Now that I have been working mostly on four strokes, I forgot all about the reeds! Thanks, i'll check em out soon.