PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Lifter Pin?

jiggaman2401
02-15-2005, 03:09 PM
Has anyone ever broke this on there 400ex? I was replacing the cover gasket and as i was reassembling the cover i heard a pop.. The clutch cable rod didnt sit well with the pin and it broke.. The part is only 8 bucks. Has anyone ever replaced it? IS it difficult to do? I only had the quad 12 hours and i broke it lol..

F-16Guy
02-15-2005, 04:32 PM
Yeah, they break quite a bit. They're cheap, and you'll probably just need a new clutch cover gasket. Make sure you find the head of it. Mine was stuck in the clutch cover, and it fit so good that you could hardly tell it was in there. I would print out the prices from the Service Honda website and take it to your local dealer and see if they'll match them. Service Honda has a minimum shipping charge, so it kinda sucks when you just need a couple of small things.

440exnacsracer
02-15-2005, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by jiggaman2401
Has anyone ever broke this on there 400ex? I was replacing the cover gasket and as i was reassembling the cover i heard a pop.. The clutch cable rod didnt sit well with the pin and it broke.. The part is only 8 bucks. Has anyone ever replaced it? IS it difficult to do? I only had the quad 12 hours and i broke it lol..

yep, ive been there before, easy fix though. make sure you get the little button thing that broke off out of your case though
Ben

jiggaman2401
02-15-2005, 09:16 PM
Yeah i got that part out..Thanks for the responses..