PDA

View Full Version : Good Will *Rider Injured*

LapTraffic
02-15-2005, 02:50 PM
Im pretty confident that no one here knows my friend, Bill Hill

you will have to trust me when I say that Bill is a great person and a very good rider.

On Friday February 11th, after riding all day with friends in Tonasket Washington, Bill went to load up his bike.

Ironically, he had worn his helmet all day, but did not have it on for loading.

Bill road one last wheely, hit the grab bar on the pavement and was thrown from the bike.

In the resulting crash Bill suffered severe head injury.

Luckily a doctor was on scene within minutes (he happened to live near by) and was able to stabilize him.

After a long helicopter ride Bill is in Sacred Heart Medical Center in Spokane. He is in a medically induced Coma as the doctors fight to reduce the pressure on his brain.

After the a very touch and go first 72 hours things are starting to look better, but there is a really long road ahead.

Bill just turned 21, and was taking the winter off after serving on fire crews all summer. That means, unemployed and no insurance.

I've never done anything like this before, but I've set up a relief fund for Bill.

I'm posting this in the wanted section because I'm looking for good will, I know someone who needs it badly.

Any little bit will help

Thank you

paypal:
billhillgoodwill@yahoo.com

any donations, prayers or words of encouragement:

attn Bill Hill
c/o Joe Rarey
16715 223rd ave e
Orting, Wa

mxquadracer
02-15-2005, 06:32 PM
bump

02-15-2005, 07:54 PM
give the good fight bill......TTT

JOEX
02-19-2005, 09:38 PM
:(

LapTraffic
02-24-2005, 02:44 PM
My friend Bill died this morning at 4am.

I want to thank all of you for your thoughts, prayers and donations to the family. You are all wonderful people

This is a really rough time. Bill died doing something I love. he was also someone I cared very deeply for.

Thank you again and Im sorry to bring such somber news on an otherwise beautiful day.

-Joe

Scro
02-24-2005, 04:36 PM
sorry to hear that man....well be thinkin about you

jedisme
02-24-2005, 05:49 PM
sorry for your loss......your post gave me chills....btw

Jingle 11
02-24-2005, 06:16 PM
Thats horrible. I hope you and his family can make it through. :(

quadcustoms
02-24-2005, 08:00 PM
you should post a picture of him so the ones of us that have read this and kept up with him ,can get a idea of who we were worried about.it helps putting a story with a face you never seem to forget about it,sorry to hear about this i have seen it happen before and it does make you think all kinds of things.

Chef
02-24-2005, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by jedisme
sorry for your loss......your post gave me chills....btw

Me too...Sorry man. :(

02-24-2005, 09:13 PM
ill wear my helmet AT ALL TIMES for Bill now...I know I take off without it more and more often now and I dont know why

wheeltrax
02-25-2005, 09:15 AM
Sorry to hear about that too man. Im still trying to recoup from my head and shoulder injury. I just unloaded my quad, and took it for a quick warm up run and rolled it and hit my head on the ice hard. Knocked me out. Hospitalized for 3 days. NOT FUN. fractured skull, and fractrued collar bone. Helmets gonna def be on at all times now. Sorry again to hear about bill :(

catch22blaster
02-25-2005, 01:59 PM
so so sorry to hear that man don't worry you will make it through this hard time :)

LapTraffic
02-28-2005, 10:54 AM
Thanks for all the kind words. Sorry, this isnt the best picture, only digital one I have.

Thanks again Guys

My friend Bill
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/LapTraffic/bill.jpg

mini mouse
02-28-2005, 01:49 PM
sorry about your lost. hopefully people will learn from his mistakes :(

figair
02-28-2005, 09:11 PM
truly sorry about the loss,definately makes ya think...

Shawn H
02-28-2005, 10:26 PM
Damn thats sad:(
Stay strong man my prayers are with you!

Gods speed

Shawn

skatrdude20
03-01-2005, 08:14 PM
Im terribly sorry, tomorrow morning i will be praying for you, and Bills family in FCA(Fellowship of Christian Atheletes) for a fellow rider that i did not know very well. My prayeres are with you all.
:(

-Kyle Goist

huffdaddy_400EX
03-01-2005, 11:50 PM
Thank you LapTraffic for sharing this.

Our prayers go out to his family, such a tragic loss at such a young age.

mxquadracer
03-02-2005, 06:16 PM
I just came back to this hoping to hear some good news on Bill's condition, your post struck me pretty hard Joe. Terribly sorry to hear bud, my prayers go out:(