PDA

View Full Version : need info, (oil question)

outacontrol31
02-15-2005, 12:01 PM
this may sound stupid, but i'm not new to the 450R, heck i got mine in febuary a year ago, but for the last year i been putting the red hp4 tranny oil in the flywheel side, and the gold bottle hp4 oil in the clutch side, now i always thought this was right, but i got a service manual, and it siad that the tranny oil hole was the one on the clutch side, and the motor oil was on the flywheel side, (shifter side), now is this right or wrong, or did i just read this wrong, but i was just wondering if i had been putting my oil in opposite to what it's suposed to be, anyways any help is appreciated

ZRider400
02-15-2005, 12:47 PM
tranny oil goes on clutch side of motor....

motor oil goes on fly wheel side. (the side with the oil level check glass)

02-15-2005, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by ZRider400

:macho :muscle: right-o

red2004 TRX450R
02-15-2005, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by ZRider400

YA sitting on the bike right hand side is for tranny oil and left side if for motor oil ...

U check the tranny with the little POS check hole and you check the motor oil with the glass window!!

If you did it back works dont worry its a HONDA, it should still run for a cuple of more years!! :D

outacontrol31
02-17-2005, 09:41 AM
well hell, i guess i did do it backwards, maybe that's why the shifting always seems to get stuck in between gears, o well, i guess now it will only run better