PDA

View Full Version : Predator tld or a 450R, it's a tough one!

Bender
02-15-2005, 08:12 AM
Well I'm getting a new quad soon, as soon as my income tax return comes in, so I can throw some cash down. And I've had my mind made up on a 450R for quite a bit...untill I saw that nice bright orange pred sitting next to it on the show room floor. Now all of a sudden reverse and electric start are looking good and I think it's less expensive. The new colors are refreshing too.
I sat on a pedator when they first came out and didn't care for the ergos at all. But I think I recall an issue of ATV Sport saying they have improved the sitting position?
And I like the fact that the tld pred is geared lower(I ride tight woods). I'm just a bit sketched because I know you can't go wrong with a Honda, but the Predator seems like a good deal for what you get.
It's to bad they won't really let me test them both out, besides putting around in a parking lot. But it seems Predators don't get much love for some reason? Are they rattle traps?, the weight can't be that big of a deal withe the extra 50cc's can it? Anybody stuck in the same boat as me?

Flynbryan19
02-15-2005, 10:26 AM
I can tell the weight difference when loading it in the truck, but I don't feel it when I'm riding it. Polaris gets a bad rap because for a long time they didn't make very good quality quads. The Predator has changed that stereo type, and I think now they're some of the best sport quads out there. I have to say I was really wanting a 450R for my next quad, but now for what the 05 TLD offers I have to say I'd buy another Pred over the 450R. ;)

440exnacsracer
02-15-2005, 08:57 PM
yep, i have to agree with bryan, i have an 03, notorious for problems, but polaris worked through it, replacing parts long after my 6 month warranty. i have heard nothing but good from 04 and later owners, and these motors have soooo much potential. very few trx's will be able to touch my pred after i get my motor back, and stock for stock, i was never beat

05troyleepredXC
02-17-2005, 06:58 PM
I have a 05 troy lee, its very nice and much faster than my 03 pred. i draged both and my tle was stock and my 03 had jets muffler and um air box and they where even, but the hondas are nice but the 05 tle is very sweet.:cool:

GE4x4
02-18-2005, 05:50 AM
Weight isn't as big as some make it out to be. ATV Sport just did a shooutout between the 450R, YFZ, TLD Pred and the ATK450vr. They weighed them wet. Well in dry form the Pred weighes 65lbs more then the rest, yet in wet for it was way closer. The 450R came in at 404lbs wet and the Pred came in at 441lbs. That 65lbs dry went way down to 37lbs wet.So either the dry weight of the Pred is less then what is said or the 450R is heavier then said. The 450R isn't going to have 54lbs of fluid while the Pred only has 26lbs.

Bender
02-18-2005, 06:17 AM
Who won the shoot out (besides the YFZ:rolleyes: )? Is this in a new issue thats out now?

Flynbryan19
02-18-2005, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by Bender
Who won the shoot out (besides the YFZ:rolleyes: )? Is this in a new issue thats out now?

The 450R won, but this was setup more as a XC quad shootout, and I would agree that the majority would find the R to be the best XC quad. But, I guess the Pred is starting to gain more respect in the magazine world. (not that it really matters what the rags think of it ;) )

Braff1
02-18-2005, 09:17 AM
The wt issue between Polaris and others is ofter misleading. Take into cosidereation here. Polaris uses a heavy duty axle, lifetime warranty against bending= none of the other don't have that. Polaris comes with long travel a-arms and shocks. Add your triple rate springs and if needed rezzies and you got a good set up. The others offer standard travel but now have rezzies. The rear polaris shock is a long travel also with a ssd spring. This is why Polaris will wheelie but you have to really work at it. Others, can't keep the fronts down in stock form. Motor wise the Predator cranks out a good amount of useable power.

Now u are prolly wondering why I got rid of mine? It is just too wide. There are only minor fixes to narrow it up. 47.5 is too wide when racing xc. After hitting too many trees tearing up my wrist I just moved on to something more narrow adn suited to my needs. Truth be known if I had a chance to get another I would. I loved the ride adn the power.

Flynbryan19
02-18-2005, 09:25 AM
Remember too, if your interested in spending the money that Rath Racing makes rear hubs that are supposed to bring the pred down to 46". Which I know for a fact is the same width that a stock Z has. ;)

Braff1 and I both just couldn't come up with the extra money to try them out. :(

Braff1
02-18-2005, 09:29 AM
also all my rims and tires where the ******* size 4/156. hopefully now that Smiley is running on a Predator Polaris will offer a woods racer now. They are moving in the right direction but from my point it was just a little to late. maybe when the c=dale gets passed to my daughter I'll go back.

Flynbryan19
02-18-2005, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Braff1
also all my rims and tires where the ******* size 4/156. hopefully now that Smiley is running on a Predator Polaris will offer a woods racer now. They are moving in the right direction but from my point it was just a little to late. maybe when the c=dale gets passed to my daughter I'll go back.

True. I HATE the 4/156 with a passion. As you were, I'm STUCK with a 10" rim size for the rear. If it weren't for that I'd have a set of mx and xc tires right now. ;)

Masher13
02-18-2005, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Flynbryan19
I can tell the weight difference when loading it in the truck, but I don't feel it when I'm riding it. Polaris gets a bad rap because for a long time they didn't make very good quality quads. The Predator has changed that stereo type, and I think now they're some of the best sport quads out there. I have to say I was really wanting a 450R for my next quad, but now for what the 05 TLD offers I have to say I'd buy another Pred over the 450R. ;)

That pretty much sums it up on the weight. It's a PITA loading in a truck by yourself, but you don't seem to notice it riding at all. A fellow member here and good friend has the R and we have covered all the same ground together. Both are awesome. We ride woods and trails, so not having an E start did make some situations tricky. I have an 03, so I don't have reverse either. Not a major deal, but it would be nice. The stock features for the 05 TLD can't be overlooked if you ride trails, woods, etc. E start, reverse, the suspension, braided lines, heavy duty axle, etc. Check out www.predatorowners.com to learn more.

ChevyDealer
02-24-2005, 12:12 AM
I have an '04 and that I bought new in December of '03. I have never had a problem with it. I was tuff to wait for the '04 to come out but I new there would be some issues with the first year. Polaris has improved the Predator every year.

One of the recent mag's did a 12hr Torture Test (can't remember which one). The test was designed to test the quads during very aggressive trail riding and not track comparison. This test took into consideration rider fatigue and mechanical failures. The YFZ got 4th, Z400 3rd, Predator TLD 2nd, and TRX450 first.

The Predator just has too many things going for it to overlook it-extras versus the others and price.

I would definitely buy another. My only other consideration would be the TRX450 which I haven't ridden.:)

K-Dub
02-26-2005, 06:48 PM
Not here to run the Predator down. I bought a 04 450R withn HRC kit 3 weeks ago, went riding with a friend that has an 04 Predator. We switched bikes for awhile to see what the other was like. We both agreed that the 450r engine was alot snappier and felt more nimble. The Predator felt like a tank to me my 450r turns and is easier to throw around. The Predator power band was easier to ride it came on lower and easier to ride than my 450r and deosnt want to flip when on the throttle hard in lower gears. I cant keep the front end on the ground with my 450r when on the gas in 1st,2nd or 3rd gear. Hope this helps.

RuffRyder400ex
02-27-2005, 11:59 AM
rie em both and get wich one u like most.

Bender
02-28-2005, 12:54 PM
Yeah that's a pretty good idea, didn't think of that . Only problem is I don't live in Quad town USA and have unlimited access to 450R's and 05 TLD Predators.:rolleyes:

RuffRyder400ex
02-28-2005, 01:09 PM
Do you know anyone around you that have either of the quads? The dealers wont let you try one out?

CJ400EX
02-28-2005, 02:31 PM
I have a 2004 Pred LT for my self & a YFZ450 for my wife.
I did a lot of research a rode different quads.

This is my conclusion
Things I Liked about the TRX450R:
1- Its a Honda
2- Loved the power
3-Loved the way I sit in it- ergonomics of the bike

Things I did not like:
1-The suspension
2-Width- Need to be a little wider
3-Length- Need a little longer swing-arm

Things I liked about the YFZ450
1-Width-OK
2-Length
3-The power

Things I did not like:
1-I do not like the way I fit on the bike. I think the ergonomics for me is way off.

The polaris seem to have every thing I was looking for. Wider, Longer, Nice suspension. This bike just seem to fit me. Know this is my opinion ( My conclusion)

Just to let you know I am 6'2'' 220lbs & I do a lot of dune riding.
I was looking for a quad that fit my application. The TRX450R is a great quad & so is the YFZ450. You just got to ride them and find one that fits you and your application. It does not matter how much power a quad has, what matters is how comfortable you feel on the quad.

RGERBER875
03-05-2005, 07:41 PM
i aslo will be buying a 450R for my son, but not until i see a button on that thing.

exrider44
03-08-2005, 05:22 PM
I rode both i own the 450r and I can say the same as someone else said. The 450r feels more nimble to me. Depending on whether your going to mod the bike or not I dont plan on keeping stock travel for my suspension. Also I raced a troy lee pred with a hmf pipe and jetted with my STOCK 450r. I beat him everytime.

Toyman220
04-02-2005, 04:35 PM
Maybe one of you that owns one of the 05 Troy Lee Edition quads can clear somthing up. I read in a magazine and have heard a couple of owners say that the gearing is good until you hit 5th gear. I have heard that the rest of the tranny is close ratio, but has way too wide of a gap between 4th and 5th. Is that true? Other than that it looks like a nice ride.

04-02-2005, 04:50 PM
im not one for honda but i think that honda will be better on the trails and at the races and probably also freestyle,this is why id say honda but if i were you id get a z/kfx 400(pretty fast,with elec start and reverse) or a yfz. depends how long your gonna wait cus then id get an 06 suzuki 450 or the 06 true yamaha yfz 450(now it's a 439)in the summer of 05:DThis also depends on the money you have or willing to spend,just what i think,
but you make up your own mind.
GOOD LUCK :macho

bombsquad54
04-02-2005, 06:52 PM
i have raced pro class and pro am nationally on a 400ex, 250r, yfz450, and rode alot of 450r's and my latest was a cannondale, out of all of them the TLD predator that i bought today surpasses all for the money. and my 2005 gear spacing is perfect!!!! and in a drag with my friends 450r with tc port, 13.5.1, dirtbike cams, ignition, flywheel and carbon pro, 39mm fcr., my stock predator beats it by about 1 or two bike lengths, he wieghs 20 lb less than me. we switched quads, same result. at the polaris dealership today we dragged a stock 2003 non le. and my 2005 le, the le walked away from the 03! i love mine! look!

bombsquad54
04-02-2005, 06:53 PM
buy this exaust if you get one with a rath headpipe (in the mail) i love it perfect sound too!

exrider44
04-08-2005, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by bombsquad54
i have raced pro class and pro am nationally on a 400ex, 250r, yfz450, and rode alot of 450r's and my latest was a cannondale, out of all of them the TLD predator that i bought today surpasses all for the money. and my 2005 gear spacing is perfect!!!! and in a drag with my friends 450r with tc port, 13.5.1, dirtbike cams, ignition, flywheel and carbon pro, 39mm fcr., my stock predator beats it by about 1 or two bike lengths, he wieghs 20 lb less than me. we switched quads, same result. at the polaris dealership today we dragged a stock 2003 non le. and my 2005 le, the le walked away from the 03! i love mine! look!

Maybe your friend isnt good at drag racing. I raced my friends piped troy lee with my piped and cammed 450r and I beat him everytime. I even beat him when I had nothing done and he was piped. I will say thought the pred is quick. I do like the power. I just feel like Im driving a 4x4 when im on it. I guess when people are deciding on what to get they really need to ride the bike first. Its not a cheap purchase.

exrider44
04-08-2005, 02:17 PM

Maybe your friend isnt good at drag racing. I raced my friends piped troy lee with my piped and cammed 450r and I beat him everytime. I even beat him when I had nothing done and he was piped. I will say thought the pred is quick. I do like the power. I just feel like Im driving a 4x4 when im on it. I guess when people are deciding on what to get they really need to ride the bike first. Its not a cheap purchase.

Tyler25
04-08-2005, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by exrider44

Maybe your friend needs to set his suspension up so it doen't feel like a 4x4??

bombsquad54
04-09-2005, 06:43 PM
is his predator a 2005 TLD? if not then they are totally different than past models as far as power, ask tyler25 how my stock 05 did against the quad of the month which is an 03.

440exnacsracer
04-09-2005, 07:37 PM
is his predator a 2005 TLD? if not then they are totally different than past models as far as power, ask tyler25 how my stock 05 did against the quad of the month which is an 03.

this also depends on the length of the drag, in a full WOT drag, the 03's and 04's will win. the only thing changed on the TLD motor was transmission ratios, not some ungodly amount of extra power, though i do like the new rezzy shocks;)

bombsquad54
04-09-2005, 09:23 PM
funny thing is, my 05 pulls 03 and 04s especially at top speed, WFO races, i raced at least 10 of them this weekend at the dunes, i went undefieted, except one guy that was making banshee's with +12 swingers, and no shocks, look like crap on a black predator, that thing was insane! with the closer gear ratio, i can get to top end really fast, as fast as i can shift the gears she keeps pulling like a beast!

parks9
04-11-2005, 07:52 AM
lets see some more pics of that troy lee bombsquad!

Ridin' Jesse
04-12-2005, 07:10 PM
My best friend has a pred..its nice dont get me wrong, but i like my 450R more..ive the pred has a nice ride, but is a lil heavy...i love my R

440exnacsracer
04-12-2005, 08:29 PM
funny thing is, my 05 pulls 03 and 04s especially at top speed, WFO races, i raced at least 10 of them this weekend at the dunes, i went undefieted, except one guy that was making banshee's with +12 swingers, and no shocks, look like crap on a black predator, that thing was insane! with the closer gear ratio, i can get to top end really fast, as fast as i can shift the gears she keeps pulling like a beast!

yea, that is funny:rolleyes: its a proven fact on both paper and trail that the new tld's have a slower top end speed, im not downing your quad, i would personally like to have the closer gear ratios, but you simply cant have the best of both worlds:rolleyes: with the closer gear ratios, top speed was lost, and the 5th gear on the tld's is MUCH taller than 4th causing alot of lag getting to top speed. maybe i should go buy me some troy lee stickers, thats got to be where the extra power's coming from:ermm:

bombsquad54
04-12-2005, 08:45 PM
listen know it all, do you own a 2005 TLD? NOOOOO. 2003,2004 and 05 non tld's maybee have a higher 5th gear, but a longer gear ratio will cause a delay in the time to getting to that top speed, unlike the 05 TLD with close gear ratios, it hits top speed ALOT faster and by that time its all over, it doesnt matter about fifth gear when it takes a mile to top out in it. On a team or four riders on team freedom, we all have tricked out predators, joe turner's beeing the quad of the month. all are 2003's but mine is an 05, after all are built we will see how the outcome is. (mine and Tyler25s arent done yet) nuff said

440exnacsracer
04-12-2005, 08:54 PM
if it takes any quad a mile to get to top speed, something isnt right:ermm: o and i guess your cute little pipe and beadlocks made your quad "tricked out" yea thats gangsta man, check out peoples quads such as pappy, muff, popo, and QJ, whats the gansta term for them? o well i really would rather not waste my more valuable time on bigheaded badasses like you:rolleyes:

bombsquad54
04-13-2005, 04:56 AM
my predator:
HPD spring kit
Rath LT +2 aarms
jet trim seat
rath headlight guards, heelguards, grab bar, mx hubs
tag t2s, clamp kit
white bros carbon pro
rath header
itp beadlocks with pro t-9s on front
ims front bumper
dg pro pegs
razr mxrs
this will all be here friday or monday.
oh and yes i am a bigheaded baddass, please ad in cocky because im known for that

hey check out joe turners quad, mine will be identical except diff. shocks and orange.
:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :devil:

bombsquad54
04-13-2005, 04:58 AM
oh yea cute little pipe, huh? ask rath about that system bud

macsolocam
04-13-2005, 08:07 AM
Hey Bomb.....Dont get too crazy over here on Atvriders...this is not cannondaleriders....If people did a search on cannondaleriders and here and saw how you post everything that is conflicting and every quad you have owned is the best everyone will get a hoot.

Post you opinions and just leave it as that...every thread you post in is like a competition to ya...Remember this is a dicussion not conflicting competition.....

Can't wait til all of us local pro's get together and race...should be about 10 of us...

I will be doing a full race report.

Tyler25
04-13-2005, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by macsolocam
Can't wait til all of us local pro's get together and race...should be about 10 of us...

I will be doing a full race report.

Aaron, are you gonna be doing a full race report b/c you are afraid to get out and dice it up the the Predators?? LOL! j/k, I can't wait either!

bloodhound400
04-13-2005, 11:44 AM
Well I'm getting a new quad soon, as soon as my income tax return comes in, so I can throw some cash down. And I've had my mind made up on a 450R for quite a bit...untill I saw that nice bright orange pred sitting next to it on the show room floor. Now all of a sudden reverse and electric start are looking good and I think it's less expensive. The new colors are refreshing too.
I sat on a pedator when they first came out and didn't care for the ergos at all. But I think I recall an issue of ATV Sport saying they have improved the sitting position?
And I like the fact that the tld pred is geared lower(I ride tight woods). I'm just a bit sketched because I know you can't go wrong with a Honda, but the Predator seems like a good deal for what you get.
It's to bad they won't really let me test them both out, besides putting around in a parking lot. But it seems Predators don't get much love for some reason? Are they rattle traps?, the weight can't be that big of a deal withe the extra 50cc's can it? Anybody stuck in the same boat as me? BECAUSE ITS POLARIS MAN!!!!

macsolocam
04-13-2005, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Tyler25
Aaron, are you gonna be doing a full race report b/c you are afraid to get out and dice it up the the Predators?? LOL! j/k, I can't wait either!

I said I will be doing a full race report.....I didn't say I wouldn't be racing...surely I can find someone that can take photos...

catch me later.....

CJ400EX
04-13-2005, 01:17 PM
There is nothing wrong with the Polaris.

Flynbryan19
04-13-2005, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by bloodhound400
BECAUSE ITS POLARIS MAN!!!!

Well......riding that 400ex your name better be bloodhound, because you'll need to be one just to sniff out the DUST that I left for ya by the time you catch up to the mighty Predator.:devil:

bloodhound400
04-13-2005, 01:52 PM
Well......riding that 400ex your name better be bloodhound, because you'll need to be one just to sniff out the DUST that I left for ya by the time you catch up to the mighty Predator.:devil: yea that may be true because even the sun shines on a dogs ***** some days, but that will only happen if you can keep it running,just face it polaris is for people that know absolutly nothing about quads!dont be salty because i have a honda and your stuck with a quad thats made with rebuilt suzuki parts,dont get pi$$ed jmo!:D :D

Flynbryan19
04-13-2005, 02:19 PM
yea that may be true because even the sun shines on a dogs ***** some days, but that will only happen if you can keep it running,just face it polaris is for people that know absolutly nothing about quads!dont be salty because i have a honda and your stuck with a quad thats made with rebuilt suzuki parts,dont get pi$$ed jmo!:D :D

Ain't no need to be jealous......:devil: I've got an 03' with zero problems and have been around quads/bikes all my life. And when ever you go ridin with me you might as well be ridding on a handstand because that dog's ***** is gonna be seeing alot of sun with the Predator around.

bombsquad54
04-13-2005, 02:55 PM
aaron your the sloppiest rider ive ever seen! if you get in front ill just wait for you to screw up! LOL just kidding man. what happened last time we raced???????? hahaha:rolleyes: ill race you this weekend at the creek! bring it! ill be there thursday too, just bring that honda on, and like always ill put you in your place. competition in posts????????????????????? go look again bud, maybee all my quads are fast because im on them. why dont you give me a lap or two on that pretty little honda!

bloodhound400
04-13-2005, 03:18 PM
Ain't no need to be jealous......:devil: I've got an 03' with zero problems and have been around quads/bikes all my life. And when ever you go ridin with me you might as well be ridding on a handstand because that dog's ***** is gonna be seeing alot of sun with the Predator around. i will give it to ya thats pretty funny,but polaris spelled backwards is siralop which
means crapper in the bloodhound dictionary 101,had what i wrote not been true you would never replid,dont be mad cause youve been BIT BY THE DOG,BLOODHOUND BABY!!! no but really,if any of my friends had better luck with theirs maybe i would think differently,but it seems like every time i ride with those guys we always got to work on those predators.

Flynbryan19
04-13-2005, 03:25 PM
i will give it to ya thats pretty funny,but polaris spelled backwards is siralop which
means crapper in the bloodhound dictionary 101,had what i wrote not been true you would never replid,dont be mad cause youve been BIT BY THE DOG,BLOODHOUND BABY!!! no but really,if any of my friends had better luck with theirs maybe i would think differently,but it seems like every time i ride with those guys we always got to work on those predators.

To tell ya the truth I was real skeptical about buying it when I first got it just because of Polaris's prior reputation. But I went out on a limb and have to say I couldn't be happier. So far its been a great quad to me. If I had the cash I'd go buy a 05' TLD tomarrow.

Fun razzin' ya man. Your a good sport.;)

bombsquad54
04-13-2005, 03:50 PM
aaron, its all good you just gave me the motivation i needed to put my predator in front, than you, lol i stole the beadlocks off the dale, cause i aint got time to switch tires before tomorrow. you coming tomorrow or this weekend or are you scared? LMAO, just giving ya a hard time aaron, come out to joes sometime and ride on the little track out there, we all have a blast. are you ready for battle?:devil: give me a call.

macsolocam
04-13-2005, 04:34 PM
No I definately aint scared....lol.....I have class thursday nights for the next 9 weeks......aint too good....I guess I will get schooled there instead of schooling you....lmao...I have plans this weekend so you will have to wait your turn.....get some practice in....

Catch ya later...

I will let my other buds put you in your place thursday or this weekend....

catch me later...

bombsquad54
04-13-2005, 09:01 PM
other buds? you have friends? lol just messin, alright ill see ya next weekend then, it'll be a blast with everyone out there! by the time we race the ole predator will be done then. well later. hows the quad running? any more motor issues? i just need a higher rev limit on my predator, im really tearing that 9000 up, lol.

get some practice in? ive been riding every weekend since january. school me huh? LOL if your a teacher im the principal.
later

440exnacsracer
04-14-2005, 09:06 PM
[i]hey check out joe turners quad, mine will be identical except diff. shocks [/B]

hehe thats cute too:p :rolleyes:

bombsquad54
04-15-2005, 02:54 PM
go fall off a cliff! lol, what do you mean cute? me and joe live right down the road from each other, he is putting my quad togather with me next week. and some help from tyler25:blah: i just hope she holds up tomorrow, first race in pro with it, with it all stock. :eek2: :eek2:

Jingle 11
04-16-2005, 05:37 PM
Can we say UPDATE? well i watched this big headed motormouth out at the track today and i think he did good:devil: he did get beat though. I got your back ben dont worry about these pric_ks. they dont know how we do.:blah: i rode it and it does have some balls. ill take it when u get tired of it just like your dale whats next, 450r, josh beat u on one?

440exnacsracer
04-16-2005, 09:38 PM
go fall off a cliff! lol, what do you mean cute? me and joe live right down the road from each other, he is putting my quad togather with me next week. and some help from tyler25:blah: i just hope she holds up tomorrow, first race in pro with it, with it all stock. :eek2: :eek2:

im just messin with ya man, i can understand you are proud of your predator, just in some previous posts, you kindof took it overboard, but its all good man. good luck on putting all the parts on. you all pretty good and familiar with the pred motors?

bombsquad54
04-17-2005, 10:29 AM
freedom powersports works for me ! lol

bombsquad54
04-17-2005, 01:22 PM
ok josh barretts 450r 13000-15000
aaron mac's 450r 13000-15000
randy's yfz450 13000-15000 at least
ben's predator-6000-7000 hmmmmmmm

lets see what happens next weekend when all the parts are on. not too mention josh is getting really fast and is in prefect shape. i nearly holeshoted that 450r didnt i?

parks9
04-18-2005, 03:20 PM
ben it is all rider ability, quit posting what you think everyone elses quads are worth!lol j/k Even you said it was the rider, who cares about the bike. I can take pictures for the race report guys, im out for the next couple of weeks!

bombsquad54
04-18-2005, 04:04 PM
hahaha im not, check out the spring kit, more pics to come.

bombsquad54
04-18-2005, 04:05 PM
more

bombsquad54
04-18-2005, 04:06 PM
last one

parks9
04-18-2005, 05:44 PM
nice!!

CJ400EX
04-18-2005, 05:56 PM
:cool:

Jingle 11
04-18-2005, 08:30 PM
this thread turned into a ben baker look at my polaris post. jk its coming along and yeh since when are you the one up on saving money? if i remember correctly u went through 3 or 4 $8000+ quads in like a year and a half. hell if i coulda i would have too. but that polaris does have some balls. I think with a few more pracitces or enough for you to get comfortable on it you should be doin just as good as the cannondale.

bombsquad54
04-19-2005, 04:55 AM
i wish i only spent 8000.00 on my quads try over 14,000 on each one! stupid me!:confused: i start saving money when i got married and a new house!

parks9
04-19-2005, 01:27 PM
there is no way you had 14000 in your cannondale...:D

rippin2
04-19-2005, 05:14 PM
You need some handle bars lol..

bombsquad54
04-20-2005, 04:50 AM
i did in the 400ex, 250r, and yfz450. i have around 10,000 in the cannondale

bombsquad54
04-20-2005, 04:51 AM
got everything on, will post pics later today in a new thread

Jingle 11
04-20-2005, 07:59 PM
yeh the 250r and the 400 were pimp. i remember when i didnt even know u i lined up right beside you and was like damn thats a nice 400. o i forgot about the crf250.

parks9
04-21-2005, 07:10 PM
joey, your 400ex was pretty sweet too, you should have kept it instead of getting that gay RM-Z 250! j/k lol

WallRider56
04-22-2005, 11:04 AM
Bombsquid i hurd you like the donkey weiner in the old brown eye o yea thats when your not gettin smoked on the track. you are horrible.

blaster_rider68
04-22-2005, 11:11 AM
when your not gettin smoked on the track.

like you can do better:rolleyes:

bombsquad54
04-22-2005, 03:19 PM
dang kids, lol parks should i post the big air pics from sugar creek

parks9
04-24-2005, 07:20 PM
post the pixs, lets see you beat him wallsmacker56! you suck donkey wiener

Evil_Apoc
04-30-2005, 08:21 PM
Im coming from a modded pred to a stock450r.

Theres no comparison, the 450r is a faster machine. With very little work she'll run down anything in her path. Im tall too(6'4"), so the ergo's are better on the 450r.

I loved the pred tho, I just didnt find her great for harcore freestyle jumping, wheelies, or the track. Im damn sure i'd make better times in the trails with it tho.

I dont mind kickstarting, I had dirtbikes all of my life. The idea of reverse is lost on me. I prefer to move forward, and fast..

If you want to race, buy a 450r, but if you want to just go out and ride on a more forgiving quad, get the pred.

Ive got serious suspension and engine work planned in the very near future. Once im done, im pretty sure it would mop the floor with the pred I just sold.

MR.BIG
05-05-2005, 04:40 PM
stock versus stock. The 450r will beat a 05 predator tld who are you guys kidding! The predator is a good machine but it is definately not a 450r or a yfz. I have the may 05 edition of atv action and the raptor beat the predator is drag races. It seems like what everyone owns is the best so if that is true then the 450r rules. lol

polaris bob
05-06-2005, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by MR.BIG
stock versus stock. The 450r will beat a 05 predator tld who are you guys kidding! The predator is a good machine but it is definitely not a 450r or a yfz. I have the may 05 edition of ATV action and the raptor beat the predator is drag races. It seems like what everyone owns is the best so if that is true then the 450r rules. lol

It also seems to you that whatever the "rags" I mean mags have to say is the truth! Take a look a 4 different mags and they will have 4 different winners of the same test. It seems that the company that wins seems to have spent the most advertising dollars that month! Hmmmm i wonder why??

MR.BIG
05-06-2005, 10:18 AM
I am telling you what the magazine said about the raptor and the predator. If you read all the magazines the yfz gets all the attention so they must be putting up the most money for advertising. All I am saying is I raced a new predator with my 450r and I beat him everytime. They were both stock! Don't get me wrong I have nothing against polaris I have had a lot of there snowmobiles. It's all preference!

bombsquad54
05-06-2005, 03:05 PM
but. . . pipe, kandn and jet a 450r and a polaris, the polaris will ANIALATE the 450r. do you want pics?

MR.BIG
05-06-2005, 03:18 PM
I find that hard to believe. But I haven't raced one since I did my mods but very soon I will hopefully find out. The polaris does make a lot of hp but it is alot heavier than a 450r. My 450 runs extremely strong so I can't see a predator beating it with the same mods.

bombsquad54
05-07-2005, 09:16 AM
your predator was an 03? the 05 tranny makes the bikes power alot more usefull and stock the 05 can outrun most modded 03s, then you fix up the 05 a little and its go time! i agree a 450r is fast, but the ones i race with have over 2 grand in motor work, at least 50 lb less wieght than me, and the quad weighs less than mine and i can run right next to them and i have a slip on and a jet and k&n, these guys are very good riders also.

04EXdude
05-08-2005, 07:59 AM
You can read all the mags you want but I'll take real life experience. I have a new Raptor and riden buddies Predators. The Predators are faster stock for stock. I've also seen a buddies stock Preddy trade victories with another buddies stock 450R. Now, with just a slip on, K&N, and jetted, I've seen them beat piped YFZ450s. I'm not a big fan of Polaris but the Predators are a lot better than most people give them credit for.

bombsquad54
05-08-2005, 08:19 AM
i think so too, i used to make fun of them till i bought one! now i know there real potential!

jumptruck
05-08-2005, 03:26 PM
i just bought the 05 limited edtion pred with the pure pipe fox x shocks and its real fast and fun raced buddies piped jeted kfx 700 beat him no prop soon to race stock yfz then c how fast it is

Prey
05-10-2005, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by MR.BIG
stock versus stock. The 450r will beat a 05 predator tld who are you guys kidding! The predator is a good machine but it is definately not a 450r or a yfz. I have the may 05 edition of atv action and the raptor beat the predator is drag races. It seems like what everyone owns is the best so if that is true then the 450r rules. lol

at least tell the whole story.........

that shootout was with a regular pred not a tld, they ran the drag up hill where the raptor is know to have the low end torque advantage, and when they did the shootout of the raptor vs the tld, in the drags, the tld smoke checked it and was even faster on top end

Prey
05-10-2005, 07:21 AM
and i think if you look through your may 05 mag, you will notice not much if any polaris add space........hmmmmm.....wonder why they did an up-hill drag

jumptruck
05-10-2005, 01:27 PM
i totally agree i use to own a 02 raptor with alba pipe kn and got smoked by a 03 prep that claimed to be stock the only acuse that maybe i could use was that my tires was 2 in taller and hurt gear ratio

MR.BIG
05-12-2005, 04:20 PM
They are lucky it wasn't a 450r in that race because the only way the predator would of had a chance is down hill. haha lol Just kidding!

jumptruck
05-12-2005, 07:32 PM
ya heard they were quick havent had a chance to ride with one but looking foward to it i like all quads i just wanted electric start and reverse so went with the pred le had raptor wanted something diff and handles better

bigbore550
05-22-2005, 10:50 PM
It's to bad they won't really let me test them both out, besides putting around in a parking lot. But it seems Predators don't get much love for some reason? Are they rattle traps?, the weight can't be that big of a deal withe the extra 50cc's can it? Anybody stuck in the same boat as me?

440exnacsracer
05-23-2005, 08:51 PM
well, i have yet to line up with a 450, or any quad for that matter (that was still trial rideable) that could hang with my predator. if anyone wants to argue that the 450's motor has more potential, c'mon down to the A-town :D :devil:

MR.BIG
05-26-2005, 01:30 PM
If you did the same mods to a 450 that you have done to your predator I wouldn't bet on that!

RaptorHappy660r
06-26-2005, 08:40 PM
why is everyone talkin bout the trx450? there not as good as mr big gives them credit for! all the ppl i have talked to that have raptors all beat the 450rs hands down no problamo!! out of the preds trxs and rappys stock vs stock vs stock the raptors raines supreme!!! it may not be good for mx but it is dependable for abot everything else !!!! not meaning to put anyone down!!

QuadJunkies
06-27-2005, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by RaptorHappy660r
why is everyone talkin bout the trx450? there not as good as mr big gives them credit for! all the ppl i have talked to that have raptors all beat the 450rs hands down no problamo!! out of the preds trxs and rappys stock vs stock vs stock the raptors raines supreme!!! it may not be good for mx but it is dependable for abot everything else !!!! not meaning to put anyone down!! OF course they are gonna say that...

They ride Raptors... :huh

MR.BIG
06-28-2005, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by RaptorHappy660r
why is everyone talkin bout the trx450? there not as good as mr big gives them credit for! all the ppl i have talked to that have raptors all beat the 450rs hands down no problamo!! out of the preds trxs and rappys stock vs stock vs stock the raptors raines supreme!!! it may not be good for mx but it is dependable for abot everything else !!!! not meaning to put anyone down!!

No wonder you got banned!