PDA

View Full Version : My 300ex won't run, please help

05-02-2002, 07:45 PM
Ok, I've got a 2001 300ex and was planning on putting in a 400ex carburetor. I took out the stock carb and it ended up sitting in the garage for about a week. Well, I decided to put the stock carb back in, so I put it in and put everything back together. Now, when I try to start it it will sound like it is about to start, then immediately dies. A couple of times I have been able to keep it going by constantly gassing it, but as soon as I let off the gas, it dies. I'm pretty sure this is a problem within the carb. Is it the float bowl? If so, how do I get to it and how do I know if it is adjusted right? I appreciate any suggestions. By the way if you want a very nice 400ex carb check out ebay ;)

ridered86
05-02-2002, 08:22 PM
is the float in the bowl stuck??? check the breather hoses, are they clogged???:huh

05-02-2002, 09:21 PM
I'm not really sure what or where the float bowl is. Also I don't know how to tell whether or not it is adjusted correctly.

ridered300
05-03-2002, 07:08 AM
That same thing happened to me JUST CLEAN IT REALLY WELL ADN THAT SHOULD DO IT!!

Matt

EXrider02
05-03-2002, 09:01 AM
Hey if it stays running when your on the gas than i would say your jet fell out or something and its flooding out when you arent on the gas. Might wanna check that..cuz my friends jet came out and he could keep his runnin but only when he was on the gas other wise it was floodin its self cuz it was shootin to much gas.

330EXman
05-03-2002, 12:10 PM
MAKE SURE YOUR JETS ARE IN IT. DID YOU TAKE IT APART?

ALSO THE FLOAT IS IN THE VERY BOTTOM. AS TO THE JETS ALSO. JUST TAKE OFF THE BOTTOM COVER AND CHECT IT OUT.

SOMETIME WHEN THE CARB IS TURNED UPSIDE DOWN THE FLOAT WILL STICK

LATER

ALSO MAKE SURE THE BOOTS ARE ON RIGH AND ARENT ANY HOLE AND THE CLAMPS ARE TIGHT ALSO!

Rastus
05-22-2002, 01:01 PM
Make sure all your jets are in good, make sure the idle screw is set properly.Sounds like a clogging problems,etc.