PDA

View Full Version : Stock Exhaust

got sand?
02-14-2005, 09:17 PM
ok so i spend 1 grand in my bike and didnt have enough for a pipe so now I'm stuck with the stock one and i hate the sound so i was thinking about getting the baffle out and I have some ?'s

do i need to rejet my bike for this?

if i dont rejet the bike will it damage the motor?

how many dbs is it without the baffle on?

i dont care if i dont get any power out of it,i just want it to be a lil bit louder :D .

LazeR
02-14-2005, 09:22 PM
Most likely you will need to rejet, i never took my baffle out so i dont know for sure. The easiest way to check is to do a plug check, or if your quad is backfiring, if it runs to lean it can heat up and seize so yea it can damage the motor if it needs a rejet and you dont

got sand?
02-15-2005, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by LazeR
Most likely you will need to rejet, i never took my baffle out so i dont know for sure. The easiest way to check is to do a plug check, or if your quad is backfiring, if it runs to lean it can heat up and seize so yea it can damage the motor if it needs a rejet and you dont

that didnt really answer my questions but thanks for the info.

anybody else??
I want to get the baffle out this thursday so i need to know before i do it.

397ccEX
02-15-2005, 04:24 PM
Yes you should rejet
Yes it can damage the motor from what i heard
and maybe 92 DB

got sand?
02-15-2005, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by 397ccEX

Yes it can damage the motor from what i heard

:eek2: :huh it does??

400exrider707
02-15-2005, 04:42 PM
Lazer answered 2 of 3 of your questions and 2 out of 3 aint bad. It could damage your engine, but the key word here is could. Mostl likely it wont. But the theory is correct. Anytime you let more air in or more air out you need to compensate by letting more gas in too. If you dont then your mixture goes lean and this can cause excessive heat and damage your motor. Taking the baffle out will do hardly anything and will never compare to a performance pipe. It just makes it sound dumb. I certainly hope you didn't spend $1000 on ENGINE work and not get a pipe!:eek2:

got sand?
02-15-2005, 06:05 PM
no i didnt spend $1000 in engine work,I spend the $1000 in bumper,nerfs,wheels,tires.....

got sand?
02-15-2005, 06:10 PM
oh and its a 400ex.
thanks for the info