PDA

View Full Version : predator fuel problems flooding wont start help me!!!!!

partyboy459
02-14-2005, 08:27 PM
the bike wont start even if i dont give it gas. started with the stock carb. dealer told me it was the intake needle and seat so i changed it and same thing. i just put a 450r carb on tonight cause i didnt want to mess with the carb anymotre thinking it was the carb. and guess what this carb does the identical thing. so its not the carb.. please help. does it with gravity fed line and fule pump hooked up wtf. i dont know it might be the fule pump????? its loading up and flooding right off the start. i dont know what to do. i dont know what would make it do this could it be the valves cause it does backfire so its getting in the cylender and if you jump start it from towing behind someone it will start but you almost have to have it pinned to even keep it running.. help!!!!!!!!!!!!

the predator
02-15-2005, 06:14 PM
did you totallt disconnect your stock thumb throttle? if not the emergeny cut of inside the throttle is not letting it start!! pull the plug out of it and it'll firee right up!! hope this helps

partyboy459
02-15-2005, 06:16 PM
no i have a honda throttle on it it started this crap with the polaris carb on it and now it has the honda carb and does the same thing

Bajakawi
02-25-2005, 03:01 PM
Well, if you have had a backfire then your plug is done..pull your plug and try a new one DCPR8E NGK. It sounds like you may have too big a jet in the carb, where did you get it, was it stock from the 450r you got it from? If it was then it should be close..I do not know your mods but try a 155 or 157.5 main jet. Hope this helps!