PDA

View Full Version : pilot jet

rubiowner01
02-14-2005, 05:12 PM
I need a pilot jet for a keihin carb. The one that is on there now is broken. I could really use an entire repair kit and replace everything. Does anyone know where to find either of these things online? It is for a keihin carb on an 89 Kawasaki Bayou 300 4x4 (KLF300)... Thanks

p.s. i have checked with the local dealer, and they dont have it in stock...

400exrider707
02-14-2005, 07:18 PM
How did you manage to break a pilot jet? Its a piece of brass if I'm not mistaken!? So are you looking for a carb rebuild kit? Normally some shops carry all jets in stock but I know my local dealer doesn't either, but there are a few powersports shops around my house that have all of them. Keep checking around. A pilot should be anywhere from $4-$6. From my dealer they were almost $10!!! Nacs sells them for $4 but you need to order at least $15 to have anything shipped. Call around a little more. Should be able to find one.

rubiowner01
02-14-2005, 07:33 PM
Well I got the bike used and I have been doing a rebuild on it to get it running. Well anyway the pilot jet was screwed all the way in. So, I tried to unscrew it, but it wouldnt budge.:mad: I had to drill a hold in it and use a screw out. Needless to say, I cannon use it anymore...:ermm:

400exrider707
02-14-2005, 07:38 PM
Ok gotcha. Yeah just call around to some other shops someone has to have one.