View Full Version : clutch

Eddiesanders250
02-14-2005, 04:19 PM
What do you gain with an aftermarket clutch?? big difference??

nacs400ex
02-14-2005, 05:31 PM
Theres less slippage, an aftermarket clutch basket will last a lot longer, basically a must for racing.

beerock
02-14-2005, 06:29 PM
I agree with the basket part but NOT the clutch part. the OEM fibers last the longest and grip great. the aftermarket ones wear real fast and grip about the same. the SPRINGS make the grip better

Rich250RRacer
02-14-2005, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by beerock
I agree with the basket part but NOT the clutch part. the OEM fibers last the longest and grip great. the aftermarket ones wear real fast and grip about the same. the SPRINGS make the grip better

Beerock's right, stock plates are the way to go. I've seen too many aftermarket, especially Barnet, shatter plates. They come out in a hundred pieces. Plus most of the non-kevlar units are paper based, very short lifespan.

beerock
02-14-2005, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Rich250RRacer
Beerock's right, stock plates are the way to go. I've seen too many aftermarket, especially Barnet, shatter plates. They come out in a hundred pieces. Plus most of the non-kevlar units are paper based, very short lifespan.

granted rich is right, but thats not to say a stock oem wont shatter either. my motor that I had(B+B 265) in when i took my trip to glamis had a shattered 1 clutch fiber. all OEM, granted it had 3 seasons on it. I'm lucky it only broke in 3 pieces though. I( guess you could say imlucky the top end blew, because another couple of hours on it and my cases probably would have dissentergrated with all the clutch plate metal etc...

never the less, OEM HONDA is the best way to go period. I coudl only imagine what would have hapened if i had a barnett in my mmotor with 3 seasons on it:eek:

ask the pros that ran 250r's even if they were sponsored by certain companies liek barnett,, they still ran oem. just like tim far with his "dg" pro pegs, which were really ac pro pegs....

CHAR250R
02-15-2005, 08:42 AM
The oem plates wear the longest. I've had some of the others, they didn't last as long. Barnett was the worst by far.