PDA

View Full Version : Sparks pipe with quiet core.

Silverfox@C&DRacing
02-14-2005, 04:02 PM
Being 12 hrs away from the Texas Gncc we wanted to make sure that the sparks pipe for the 450r would pass so Colby added a quiet core an machined an endcap to hold the quiet core in place.

We get to tech inspection and low and behold I was randomly chosen for db testing.

We knew that the quietcore helped considerably but did not realize that it would read 93 dbs at 3500 rpm :eek2:

I wish now I would have went through without the quietcore, but last year at texas on the 400ex with the sparks x6 I was tested at 102 db and I know the 450r with the sparks is louder.

So if you ever run into a bind and need to quiet your sparks exhaust you can get a quietcore for them. This will only fit the sparkarrested sparks exhaust.

I will try to get pictures this week of the mod but I have to spend a day washing the mud off it from the 6hr Texas race :grr:

Pappy
02-14-2005, 04:11 PM
what would colby charge to do up a quiet core on a new sparks?

chad502ex
02-14-2005, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Silverfox@C&DRacing
Being 12 hrs away from the Texas Gncc we wanted to make sure that the sparks pipe for the 450r would pass so Colby added a quiet core an machined an endcap to hold the quiet core in place.

We get to tech inspection and low and behold I was randomly chosen for db testing.

We knew that the quietcore helped considerably but did not realize that it would read 93 dbs at 3500 rpm :eek2:

I wish now I would have went through without the quietcore, but last year at texas on the 400ex with the sparks x6 I was tested at 102 db and I know the 450r with the sparks is louder.

So if you ever run into a bind and need to quiet your sparks exhaust you can get a quietcore for them. This will only fit the sparkarrested sparks exhaust.

I will try to get pictures this week of the mod but I have to spend a day washing the mud off it from the 6hr Texas race :grr:

can you get the stainless steel SuperTrapp end cap for the Sparks X-6 450R spark arrestor? i believe the SuperTrapp pn is 406-3046.

chad

jgfarmsracer
02-14-2005, 09:10 PM
97.5 db on my sparks x6 with a 13:1 piston at Texas