PDA

View Full Version : What should I expect...

440BEAST
02-14-2005, 04:01 PM
I am going to have a shop replace my rings and my upper and lower gasket. I would also like them to replace the clutch basket and rebuild my gearbox. What kind of prices have you all come across for this type of work???
Thanks in advance

Plante400
02-14-2005, 09:26 PM
ooo ouch

just the clutch basket and kit will run u a bit a few hundred anyway meaning like more then 3.. for jsut basket and clutch plates etc.

shamisc
02-14-2005, 09:41 PM
Why would you rebuild the tranny if nothings wrong with it?:huh The Hinson basket is good insurance. I would also go with the 8 plate Sparks clutch. If you get yourself a factory Honda Service manual, you could do these things for yourself and save alot of dough! What you described, other than the tranny, is a very easy self fix. Re-ringing, new gaskets, and replacing the clutch is very simple, even for those that don't have a high level of mech. skill! You will need a decent in/lbs torque wrench!

- Hinson basket - $190 - C&D Racing
- Sparks 8 plate - $139 - sparksracing.com (http://www.sparksracing.com)
- Honda Service manual - $ 50 - local Honda shop or servicehonda.com (http://www.servicehonda.com)
- 440 gasket kit - $ 35 - FST ( Mickey Dunlap )
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
$ 414 + shipping

culookn
02-14-2005, 11:29 PM
yeh man save the dough and get your hands dirty. after the first time its not so badd. then you can say you did it yourself.

BLEEDRED
02-15-2005, 11:43 AM
yeh man save the dough and get your hands dirty. after the first time its not so badd. then you can say you did it yourself.

And you will also have the piece of mind that it was done right without cutting corners.

440BEAST
02-15-2005, 02:50 PM
Thanks for the reply guys. I took the motor today to the honda shop and one of my good friends from high school works there so I am going to get him to do the repairs. The shop is going to give me a fat discount for all parts and labor. I will let you know in the next few days how much and what I got done. Mean while i got my frame and all of my components, that are going to get powder coated, sand blasted today. My plan is to have it rebuilt in less than a month. I figure if they can rebuild an entire car, on overhaulin, in a week, then I can do a quad in less than a month...

Plante400
02-15-2005, 02:57 PM
other then the fact they have like 100 guys working on it and they know what htey are doing haha:devil:

good luck tho.. should be easy getting that thing done in a month
u could put that thing back together in a day np if u dont run into any probs