PDA

View Full Version : Most reliable paintball gun?

chucked
02-14-2005, 01:17 PM
I currently have a spyder imagine, I have had nothing but problems with it, always something electrical. I want a reliable gun, I dont want to spend more then $250 for it though. Some people were telling me the Tippman A5 or something.

Syrus
02-14-2005, 01:22 PM
Any paintball gun is reliable if you take care of it. You dont need to spend $1000 on a gun, when a $200 gun will do the same thing. You oil it, set the velocity, and buy decent paint balls, you wont have any problem. They are only made out of like 5 different pieces, not much does wrong with them.

Ive currenty have a semi-auto for sale, if anyone is interested pm me, im selling/trading it cheap with all the gear.

chucked
02-14-2005, 01:31 PM
Theres nothing I can do to take care of the electronics, I have had the trigger assembly replaced twice under warranty, and it is screwing up again.

I am only going to buy new

Syrus
02-14-2005, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by chucked
Theres nothing I can do to take care of the electronics, I have had the trigger assembly replaced twice under warranty, and it is screwing up again.

I am only going to buy new

ahhh yes i forgot about the electronics, I stay away from them. Dont have any info on them sorry dude. All you really need is an auto feeder, and you should be good to go, try and stay away from the electronics, they are expensive, and get messed up easily.

chucked
02-14-2005, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Syrus
ahhh yes i forgot about the electronics, I stay away from them. Dont have any info on them sorry dude. All you really need is an auto feeder, and you should be good to go, try and stay away from the electronics, they are expensive, and get messed up easily.

THATS WHAT IM TRYING TO SAY!!

250xridamatt
02-14-2005, 01:47 PM
Tippmann. Get an a-5. Tippmanns are solid guns and if anything is wrong with it you just send it in and they will fix it.

enduro400rider
02-14-2005, 01:51 PM
the 98 custom is by far the most reliable im not saying its the best but its the most reliable. theres all kinds of upgrades for it and they are pretty cheap. i had two of them both were used and worked perfect from the time i got them to the time i sold them. i have been to many wars and i have seen every ones gun do somthing bad except for the 98 customs they work everytime anll the time. the A-5s are probably just a reliable but they are bad on CO2, it has to use alot of the CO2 to run the turbine thing, if i were you i would look into a 98 with a low pressure kit it will run between 200 and 300 watch on ebay and you will most likely get a good deal. i wouldnt bother with any electric guns i had a Imagine and an eforce and i alwaya had problems with them expecially in colder weather. just my advise hope it helps

bignorm
02-14-2005, 02:10 PM
i personnaly prefer the impulse and i am selling mine. lemme know if u guys are interested. but the 98 custom is definety the most reliable. i built mine to the max and it kicks but got the responce trigger and the low pressure kit, dream series 5 piece barrel set, nice gun

-josh

TGW_400ex
02-14-2005, 02:58 PM
My tippman leaked when i got it so i sent it to them and they fixed it. I think I only had to pay shipping if that.

ballisticpb
02-14-2005, 03:09 PM
For reliablity a tippman is a good choice. the a-5 uses a lot of air. the 98 is a pain to work on if things go wrong. both guns are built like tanks but if things start to leak its hard to repair. the other side of the tippman/ spyder war.. spyders are lighter more compact and seems to be more comfy to use. As for the boards in them i could not tell you what went wrong unless you got paint on them or got them wet. i have owned 3 electronic spyders with no issues. i love my auto cocker but i paid a pretty penny and love to tinker with them.

just my $.02

exrider360
02-14-2005, 03:10 PM
spend the money and buy a sweet gun like a impulse no autocockers there fats as hell abs awosme but no so reliable depends on how you take care of it tippmas are nice guns but if you rlooking for a nice reliable gun buy and impulse or a bko shcoker etc

250xridamatt
02-14-2005, 05:17 PM
Did any of you catch that?

Rootar
02-14-2005, 05:47 PM
its simple 98 custom get a 14 inch ceramic nitride barrel and a drop forward kit and there its what i have and its great never had a problem in the 2 years ive had it its

btw stay away from the flatline it shoots so SLOW (its not even funny my 14inch barrel whoops the guys with faltlines even if theirs will shoot a lil farther mine will get there 2twice as fast and all most as far and that makes it more accurate (the back spin slows the balls down bad)

oh and i almost forgot get a titainium bolt for the 98 it makes a bigg difference

chucked
02-14-2005, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by exrider360
spend the money and buy a sweet gun like a impulse no autocockers there fats as hell abs awosme but no so reliable depends on how you take care of it tippmas are nice guns but if you rlooking for a nice reliable gun buy and impulse or a bko shcoker etc

what?????

TWISTED
02-14-2005, 06:39 PM
Cocker is most reliable??? Only when it's in the case not being used!!!

chucked
02-14-2005, 06:56 PM
yea my buddy has one, cant remember what it is... its nice when it works, but thats almost never.

exrider360
02-14-2005, 07:01 PM
all my buddys have had cockers one was a hunk of **** and another kid hasnt had one problem. If you take care of it and clean it after every time your done with it your gun will last.

i had a spider agressoer that fell in a stream during a scenario game and it worked fine til a few weeks ago when i snapped it in half.

its all on how you take care of it.

lol
02-14-2005, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by chucked
yea my buddy has one, cant remember what it is... its nice when it works, but thats almost never.

a cocker?

ALMOST ANY GUN, if you take care of it, will be reliable

chucked
02-14-2005, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by lol
a cocker?

ALMOST ANY GUN, if you take care of it, will be reliable

again, the electronics

exrider360
02-14-2005, 07:38 PM
is the gun you have now the frist electronis gun youv had

maybe its just a peace move on and get a different trigger frame

dirtriderex
02-14-2005, 07:47 PM
Don't get an evil pimp. Every evil pimp I have seen or shot has had problems, and it's a $500+ gun

ballisticpb
02-15-2005, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by TWISTED
Cocker is most reliable??? Only when it's in the case not being used!!!

said nothing about it being most reliable. but if you take care of it they run great. but you will find that with ALL paintball guns. oil them clean them and they will run like a champ.

i like shooting an auto cocker because they are a great built gun, and i have learned so much about them i could dismantall and rebuild one blindfolded.
paintball guns are all about prefrence. go to a pro shop and hold them all. pick the one YOU like. take care of it and you will be happy.