PDA

View Full Version : 416 reveiw

ccole400EX
09-07-2001, 08:49 PM
I finally finished my 416 kit and got it all broke in and took it for a ride. The kit is a JE 10-8-1 piston , HRC cam with GT Thunder play porting. I am running the stock carb for now waiting on my Quicksilver carb to come. Now on to the ride. Just by the seat of my pants ride it seemed to have more power through out but it didn't feel like it added alot on top. Then a buddy of mine brought his 400ex over. He has a WB slip on with K&N power up kit. When we raced before we were almost dead even but now i get him by 6-8 quad links every race. It really seems to pull him from mid to top i'm very happy with this setup. I can't wait to see what the new carb does.

Leo
09-07-2001, 09:00 PM
out of curiosity, what made you choose the quicksilver over the FCR?

after you get some seat time on the quad I'd be very interested in hearing your thoughts on the HRC cam also..!

Leo

Foxrage
09-08-2001, 07:42 AM
I like the quiksilver cause they have been making products for a long time. They make stuff for cars and trucks too (i think). I would but which ever one murcams has.

Leo
09-09-2001, 06:41 AM
Edelbrock has been making parts for a long time that's true...

I guess I'm just reluctant to try one, probably if I had one to try and tune for a while I might change my tune :D

I'm used to the standard motorcycle carb, and the FCR is just about the most advanced carb out there, for now :)

Even with that I can't quite bring myslef to plop down the $400+ bucks for one :(

Leo