PDA

View Full Version : new trucks

Butters
02-13-2005, 09:03 PM
what 2005 model truck would you want, if they all had every option you wanted???

Honda4trax250x
02-13-2005, 09:08 PM
gotta go chevy;)

Mxjunkie
02-13-2005, 09:15 PM
bowtie pride

LazeR
02-13-2005, 09:31 PM
Toyota for sure ;)

YFZ450Ridr
02-13-2005, 09:38 PM
id go with the dodge, then the ford.

Tommy 17
02-13-2005, 09:41 PM
i love my 2005 silverado:devil:

Bush0102
02-13-2005, 11:35 PM
I'd definately pick the ford.

for 2005 toyota and chevy are completely lacking innovation. they've simply fallen behind- these are essentially the same trucks they had out in 1999 (except some different body styling/cab options- and toyota bumped the engine to a whopping 282 HP- when three other companies already had theirs at or above 300). You know it's sad when a nissan truck outdoes chevy. And as a tundra driver, i can say that toyota better get with it soon or i'm gonna by the dodge this spring.

If you ask me, chevy is doing everything wrong except for the corvette. All of their engines are falling behind in the power department, and their new products are stupid. I mean come on, who answers the mustang with a 4 cylinder car (the cobalt- chevy also said the monte carlo was built to take the mustang's market)? And how many of you just have to have an SUV with a retractable roof? All of their models are ugly as sin and nothing is getting updated. The heavy duty trucks have IFS and the duramax is junk compared to the new powerstroke.

If it's old, i say go chevy, but the new stuff is just junk. They better take a look around and realize they're going to be in trouble soon.

underpowered
02-14-2005, 04:32 AM
all i can say is Real Men Wear Bowties.
My whole family drives chevy's except my brother, Jonesy, who drives a Toyota.

sharkinthepool
02-14-2005, 05:35 AM
Bowties, ovals, diamonds!

Everyone has an *****^*le, or I mean an opinion.

I would prefer the Ford. But I have heard the tundra is nice.

Rootar
02-14-2005, 07:36 AM
well if i was gonna get one of those id get the nissan titan but id have to add a 5inch procomp lift and some 35 parnelli jones dirts grips

but IMO i dont like any of the new trucks I think the best 4x4 truck of all time is the 94-99 dodge ram they simply are designed right from the start and of course thats what i drive a 99 ram 4x4 swb regular cab and we are putting a 5 inch skyjacker double flex lift kit and 35s on it soon as i wear these tires down

Bush0102
02-14-2005, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by Rootar
well if i was gonna get one of those id get the nissan titan but id have to add a 5inch procomp lift and some 35 parnelli jones dirts grips

but IMO i dont like any of the new trucks I think the best 4x4 truck of all time is the 94-99 dodge ram they simply are designed right from the start and of course thats what i drive a 99 ram 4x4 swb regular cab and we are putting a 5 inch skyjacker double flex lift kit and 35s on it soon as i wear these tires down

i have 3 friends that drive the same model dodge. My girlfriend has a 97 sport 4x4 with 165,000 miles, and i love it. Her brother has a 96 SLT with like 140,000 miles- it has a 10.5" lift and he runs 40" groundhawgs. My other buddy has a 97 sport as well- i think he has like 120K. They're great trucks, the only weak point is the transmission.

MY450R
02-14-2005, 08:13 AM
id get the ford also
like bush said the chevys are nice but the ford is better made
ford is definatly a tougher truck
i would never own a chevy unless its the silverado ss"
and i agree the corvette is top notch and wins shotouts in the magazines all the time but other than that chevy is very boring
look at dodge with all the new stuff they have
300c ,a couple crossfires for 06',the ram srt, they have the right idea by going back to rear wheel drive "sports" cars
that makes a true sports car imo
chevy will come out with one too but they will be a couple years behind
and yes i know the vette is rear wheel drive but they need something new

Tommy 17
02-14-2005, 09:17 AM
i drove them all when i was looking for my new truck... i can honestly say the chevy had the nicest ride and seats in it... the power is enouf for me...

if i was chevy i wouldn't change anything they have except bringing back a camaro... the silverados are very nice trucks that don't really need any changes... why change what works??? the avalanches are probably the nicest vechile out there for low hauling big families...

the only thing i don't like about my silverado is the door set up and the heater.. i'd rather have the crew cab bc it sometimes gets annoying with a reg ext cab... the heater takes awhile to warm up also but thats when its REALLY cold out...

also i'm gettin 19mpg in it right now while the fords and dodges are under 13;) plus my silverado brand new was 3,000$ cheaper then the ford and dodges...

Doibugu2
02-14-2005, 10:01 AM
I had an '04 silverado for a month (crashed it) and now I have an 04 Ford. Both were extended cab, but the Ford is a 4x4.

I like my Ford better. It's quiter inside the cab. It rides a little better, even though the seat on the Chevy was more comfortable.

I hated the radio on the Chevy, the reception seemed to cut in and out and I live in Chicago and have never had a problem with any other car.

My only grip on the ford is that the radio is to far from the driver seat. I have a hard time reaching the 5th and 6th preset. Silly I know.

I like the arm rest better on the ford to. I don't like the cup holders on the floor like the chevy.

Also Ford is the first to have the rear windows go down on an extended cab. Which is kind of nice.

Tommy 17
02-14-2005, 11:02 AM
my cousin has the base model silverado and the radio in his is horrible... very bad reception... mine has the upgraded raido and i have no problem in the middle of no where... i've never had the radio cut out...

o and another thing that pissed me off on the chevy is the bed as a lip at the front that hits the bumper of a quad b4 the tires hit the bed... i can't just put the quad straight in agaist the cab like i could on my toyota... i have to put wood infront of the tires as spacers:grr:

Ridin' Jesse
02-14-2005, 11:20 AM
I cant drive yet, but my dad's for a f-150 i drive sometimes lol...i love it:devil:

JKWGA400EX
02-14-2005, 02:04 PM
id get the 05 chevy silverado ss.its gonna come out soon and has near 400hp.the price hurts a bit though(39,???).SWEET!!!!!!!!

DEAL
02-14-2005, 02:50 PM
Nissan all the way.

Bush0102
02-14-2005, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by JKWGA400EX
id get the 05 chevy silverado ss.its gonna come out soon and has near 400hp.the price hurts a bit though(39,???).SWEET!!!!!!!!

that wasnt an option. I've seen one at the track though, it's a little faster than the Hemi Ram

Screamin440
02-14-2005, 03:02 PM
My only complaint about the Chevy trucks is this: They no longer look like trucks. I mean when I pass a Chevy 4x4 in the company's Dodge 2500 cargo van and I sit up higher than that 4x4 does there is a serious problem. From more than 30 feet away I can't tell the difference between a Chevy 4x4 and a 2wd version. :eek:

user101
02-14-2005, 03:35 PM
i love our 04 f-150. and like doibugu said the radio is a little to far away from the driver. and Tommy the 04' f-150 has the same problem in the bed. heres a pic of the damage

Butters
02-14-2005, 04:33 PM
i'm kinda surprised the Nissan hasn't gotten more votes. it was the top ranked truck according to car & driver. i think it looks better than the others, except the dodge.

hondardr4life
02-14-2005, 04:50 PM
I really like my dads 2003 chevy 2500hd crew cab 4x4 diesel. No problems with the radio in it, because its has the bose stuff. Very nice truck. And is EXTREMELY torquey:macho .

Kansas T
02-14-2005, 06:04 PM
They're all junk. I'd go for a 98 or older Chevy. I've had nothing but trouble with my '02.

hondardr4life
02-14-2005, 06:19 PM
I just tried to fold in the mirror on my grandpas 02 2500hd and it poped out of its littel socket. And I couldn't get i back on, so I was forced to be the true redneck that I am and I used gorilla glue to put it back on becasue i didnt feel like getting yelled at.

Butters
02-14-2005, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by hondardr4life
I just tried to fold in the mirror on my grandpas 02 2500hd and it poped out of its littel socket. And I couldn't get i back on, so I was forced to be the true redneck that I am and I used gorilla glue to put it back on becasue i didnt feel like getting yelled at.

he is going to be pissed if he ever finds out :p

Bush0102
02-14-2005, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by hondardr4life
And is EXTREMELY torquey:macho .

its a diesel- it should be torquey....try driving the powerstroke or even better, the cummins...then you'll know what real torque is.

Butters
02-14-2005, 09:26 PM
powerstrokes are awesome. i love driving them. i feel like a hoss in them. :p

tator
02-14-2005, 09:32 PM
FORD forsure

TCracin440ex
02-14-2005, 09:51 PM
i love my 98 model chevy silverado....my 98 model sits higher than the newer models...seems to me like chevy's keep getting lower and lower....their 4wd sits like a 2wd...i dont think i will be getting rid of my 98 any time soon.

another thing i dont like about the silverados is the 5.3 ltr with coil packs...that motor is way too complicated for me...give me my good old fashioned distributor

and i dont think chevrolet has made anything with muscle since the camaro went out of style...of course the vette but who is going to pay way up in the money for a vette when you can go buy a ford cobra for 30 somethin and throw a pulley upgrade on the cobra and mop the floor with a vette...i love my bowtie no doubt, but chevy needs to step it up....and stop makin these queer arse 4 banger cars

TCracin440ex
02-14-2005, 09:58 PM
and as far as my stock head unit on my truck..well i never had any problems with the radio or anything....but i got a pioneer deh-8500mp....now i really dont want it i want an in-dash dvd player

Rich250RRacer
02-14-2005, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by TCracin440ex
i love my 98 model chevy silverado....my 98 model sits higher than the newer models...seems to me like chevy's keep getting lower and lower....their 4wd sits like a 2wd...i dont think i will be getting rid of my 98 any time soon.

another thing i dont like about the silverados is the 5.3 ltr with coil packs...that motor is way too complicated for me...give me my good old fashioned distributor

and i dont think chevrolet has made anything with muscle since the camaro went out of style...of course the vette but who is going to pay way up in the money for a vette when you can go buy a ford cobra for 30 somethin and throw a pulley upgrade on the cobra and mop the floor with a vette...i love my bowtie no doubt, but chevy needs to step it up....and stop makin these queer arse 4 banger cars

Recent issue of Motor Trend, I believe, reports on upcoming Chevy products. 5.3 V8 in the '06 Monte Carlo (no word on whether it will be front or rear wheel drive), the Camaro will be back (my guess as a retro model like the Mustang) in the next year or two, maybe with a little luck a new Trans Am from Pontiac too. New ZO6 Vette will be a Viper killer, aluminum frame and 500+ HP. All you Ford guys keep this in mind, you had to spend a bundle more money to get a Cobra R, just to get a car that could keep up with a Camaro SS or Ram Air Trans Am which cost about 10 grand less. Ten thousand dollars buys alot of tires, or sh--load of horsepower.

Butters
02-15-2005, 06:09 PM
i have heard about a new camaro coming out but until i see some realistic concepts i'm not getting excited. i guess we will have to wait and see.

mrusk
02-15-2005, 06:58 PM
You guys that complain about the chevy sitting low in the front are just being silly. It sits low because it is a heavy duty truck. People put weight in the back of heavy duty trucks. I load rull bundles of plywood in the back of my 03 2500hd. The truck sits level with 3200lbs in the back of it. If the front end sat up higher, it would not ride as good with weight in the back or with a heavy trailer hooked up.

Sometimes i wish my truck sat higher in the front, but then when i get in and drive it, i forget about the height. This truck with the Independent suspenstion rides and handles better than any other truck i have ever drove. It drives so smoothly. I love the truck. In acouple of months i am going to through a set of 285 tires, and crank the torison bars a few turns. That will make the truck look a lot better.

Matt

MOFO
02-16-2005, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by Bush0102
....try driving the powerstroke or even better, the cummins...then you'll know what real torque is.

:rolleyes:

MOFO
02-16-2005, 04:58 AM
Originally posted by TCracin440ex

I dont know about you, but my new body style chevy sits just same as the 98 and older - from the factory. Besides, since when does "sitting higher" make a truck better?

As for the 5.3L and the coil packs, I suggest you learn about it...its way better and EASIER to work on than your distributor cap!

...and you ask who is going to pay 40-50grand for a vette when they can buy a Cobra? The Cobra isnt even in the same class as a C5 or C6...period (there is WAY more than just light to light street racing). Go take the vette to a track and line them up against any car out there, even ones that cost two or THREE times as much...the vette usually comes out on top!

02-16-2005, 05:31 AM
toyota tundra *extended cab* 4x4

hemi operator
02-16-2005, 05:50 AM
I love my '04 Ram. I had an '02 F-150 before, extended cab XLT with the Fx4 off-road package. I loved that too, and some of the overall quality was a bit better. The 5.4 in it just didn't have enough power. It had lots of good power down low for towing and hauling, but for everyday driving, it just runs out of power. Also, my kids started growing like weeds, so I needed a bigger rear seat.

I didn't like the styling of the '04 F-150 when it first came out (but it has grown on me) and dealers were charging sticker and then some more on top because availability was limited. The GM twins are great trucks, but it's like, "Been there, Done that" because my father had a 99 Sierra, an '02 Sierra, and an '03 Avalanche so I had spent plenty of time in them and they sort of bore me now, as the are in need of an update.

My Ram 4X4 SLT quad cab with the hemi gives me excellent rear seat room combined with almost a full-size bed at 6.3" (the chevy and ford crew cabs have about a foot shorter bed). The 5.7 really hustles. The only full size that can come close to it performance wise is the Titan. With the right match-up, a Titan can beat a Ram (if the Ram has the 20" wheels....them suckers weigh 85lbs each!). With the lighter 17" rims like I have, the Ram still wins. Gas mileage? Hell I get the same as I did with my Ford and other small 6 and 4 cyl trucks. I can get about 17 average if I drive the highway a lot and keep it under 70mph. A more powerful engine burns more gas in theory, yet a less powerful one needs to be pushed harder to do so, and it sort of evens out in the middle.

Tommy 17
02-16-2005, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by MOFO
I dont know about you, but my new body style chevy sits just same as the 98 and older - from the factory. Besides, since when does "sitting higher" make a truck better?

As for the 5.3L and the coil packs, I suggest you learn about it...its way better and EASIER to work on than your distributor cap!

...and you ask who is going to pay 40-50grand for a vette when they can buy a Cobra? The Cobra isnt even in the same class as a C5 or C6...period (there is WAY more than just light to light street racing). Go take the vette to a track and line them up against any car out there, even ones that cost two or THREE times as much...the vette usually comes out on top!

mofo did i ever tell u that u are my hero:blah: haha finally someone that knows what they are talking about...

Dust_1503
02-16-2005, 09:55 AM
Chevy right here.....my nissan can go fall off a cliff for all i care.

Bush0102
02-16-2005, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by MOFO
:rolleyes:

ohhh nooo he rolled his eyes at me! what a badass! your biased knowledge of cars impesses me, i am inferior!

and the cummins does have more torque than that piece of crap duramax.

and I agree with the corvette statement, but about the more expensive cars beating it- i think the ford GT40 would outdo it.

Butters
02-16-2005, 10:46 AM
ohhh nooo he rolled his eyes at me! what a badass! your biased knowledge of cars impesses me, i am inferior!

and I agree with the corvette statement, but about the more expensive cars beating it- i think the ford GT40 would outdo it.

is the GT40 that new car from Ford that is supposed to look like the old one back in the day???

Bush0102
02-16-2005, 12:27 PM
yep...beat the ferarri's lap times at laguna seca i believe...it may have been another track though

hemi operator
02-16-2005, 01:34 PM
It also costs over $150,000. For that money you could buy 2 brand new soon-to-come '05 Z-06 Corvettes, which is just about as fast as the Ford GT. That's its name too.....there's no "40" in there. The original racecar was in fact a GT40 but the new one is just called the Ford GT.

Bush0102
02-16-2005, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by hemi operator
It also costs over $150,000. For that money you could buy 2 brand new soon-to-come '05 Z-06 Corvettes, which is just about as fast as the Ford GT. That's its name too.....there's no "40" in there. The original racecar was in fact a GT40 but the new one is just called the Ford GT.

ahhh thank you. i just mentioned the GT because he was talking about the corvette beating more expensive cars on the track.

The corvette is badass, dont get me wrong. for the money it is the best all around performance sports car. IMO the viper is a waste of money, and the mustang is good for the strip, bit wont handle on the track.

A buddy of mine has a WS-6 with minor mods- ignition, wiring, exhaust, filter...any way we beat a ferarri 360 in a race from 0-90. On the interstate he would have smoked us, but still- it's about $100K more than the pontiac. The LS1 is a sweet motor...

FasstMidnightZ
02-16-2005, 02:38 PM
Chevy hands down fur shur:macho

MOFO
02-16-2005, 04:01 PM

piece of crap duramax? now who is making the biased comments? :rolleyes:

stock for stock all THREE have tons of torque. You said in your earlier post "if you want real torque"... please define your statement. Are you saying the duramax does not have "real torque"? I'd also love to know what makes the Duramax a "piece of crap"...please explain and backup your statements with valid information...

I have experience with the duramax actually...pulling 5th wheels from the day they leave the dealership...a close friend of mine has TWO of them 3/4 and 1 ton's. His have been great from day 1...now they have over 100k (ever mile they had a 5th wheel pulling heavy equipment) on both....and still pull great! My fathers company has a couple duramax's as well....GREAT trucks IMO.

Keep in mind, I never said the other 2 were not good trucks...in fact they are. If someone is looking for a diesel today, they have some great options.

...and back to the vette statement I made ealier...please note I say in most cases the vette would come on top...NEVER did I say there are cars that can not beat it. But I will say, grab any STOCK car in the 40-50k price range, put it on the track with a C6 and see who wins. You will have to practically double the price of a C6 to find a STOCK car that will hang with it in ALL aspects of a sports car (not just street light racing)

BTW....I am very UNbiased when it comes to cars...and I will agree with you 100% about the LS1 being a great motor.

Matt37
02-16-2005, 04:18 PM
I agree the vette is an awsome car. The new zo6 is amazing ( I love the ford guys that think the new mustang is in the same category as the new vette :rolleyes: ) And as for the ford gt last time i looked up something on that ford was recalling the a-arm brackets saying that the wheels may fall off :huh. $150,000 car and there re-calling it due to a chance the wheels may fall off

Butters
02-16-2005, 07:11 PM
yeah ford has been recalling alot of their vehicles back for diffenent reasons.

nacs400ex
02-16-2005, 07:37 PM
that wasnt an option. I've seen one at the track though, it's a little faster than the Hemi Ram

Actually there is, it's the Gibbs model. It's to compete with the lightning and SRT10. Saw it watching spike TV, supposedly will spank the lightning, obviously not the srt10 though. I believe it is like a specialty vehicle, like Yenko's way back when and SVT fords.

nacs400ex
02-16-2005, 08:02 PM
Ford makes one hell of a work truck, tough as nails. But are those SUPER strong bolts holding the box on really going to make a difference, when regular bolts do the job? Unneeded weight and strength comes to mind. If Chevy knows anything its power, they OWNED the muscle era.

CHEVY
Bel-air, Corvette, Chevelle/Nova, ChevyII, Nomad, Camaro, El Camino, Impala, Monte Carlo/Malibu

FORD
Mustang, Thunderbird, Galaxie, Fairlane

DODGE
Challenger, Charger,Coronet, Dart, Daytona, Superbee

Exactly!

Butters
02-16-2005, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by nacs400ex
Actually there is, it's the Gibbs model. It's to compete with the lightning and SRT10. Saw it watching spike TV, supposedly will spank the lightning, obviously not the srt10 though. I believe it is like a specialty vehicle, like Yenko's way back when and SVT fords.

yeah they were saying the only reason the Gibbs truck was faster was because it was a manual.

Matt37
02-16-2005, 08:09 PM
Chevy knows anything its power, they OWNED the muscle era.

Hell Yea, they owned the muscle era i think i mean just look at the Camaro and Chevelle without even looking at the corvette 1970 ls6 chevelle or a 69 z28 :) cant go wrong. However i do think today Dodge owns the value category :eek2: You got a muscle car today that says hemi on it. Well then you got your self one valuable car.

nacs400ex
02-16-2005, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Butters
yeah they were saying the only reason the Gibbs truck was faster was because it was a manual.
I assumed they all were manual. It doesnt makes sense why the would use different trannies for the test. Should have done it all standard or all auto.