PDA

View Full Version : new engine wont start? help!!

gonaz
02-13-2005, 08:50 PM
I just recently rebuilt my engine on my LTZ400 and put everything back together. I started the quad up only once and hadn’t even gotten a chance to tune the stock carb correctly before I bought a fcr 39mm from a yfz. I put the carb on and attempted to start my quad but it wont start. It'll turn over but no start. We pulled the carb to see if there was anything wrong. There was gas in the float bowl but when I pulled the spark plug it was dry as a bone. Nothing is getting into the engine itself? Another thing that I noticed was that when we pulled off the fuel line there was little to no gas coming out but if we put it on prime then gas would flow? Anyone got any ideas?

Scott-300ex
02-13-2005, 09:07 PM
timing, reset your whole timing, and the jets might be clogged, let it sit in cleaner over night, then shoot some in all of the wholes and jets and squirt that stuff out of there:D

gonaz
02-13-2005, 09:22 PM
my timing should be correct. Like i said i had the quad running with the stock carb on it. I just put the jets in the carb before I attempted to start it? Hope they wouldnt get clogged that fast.

Scott-300ex
02-13-2005, 09:23 PM
holes are microscopic in a carb, if it was prone to any dust, that could have clogged it, just an idea, but i would clean it out and stuff just incase

fasterz
02-14-2005, 10:57 AM
disregard these people, the fcr has to be run in the pri position, since the stock carb is a vacum feed, the z has a differnt kind of petcock on it. to run a different carb on the z you need to run it on pri. check on z400central to find out how to modify it to make it run when in the on postion. when running in pri rememeber you dont have the reserve any more