PDA

View Full Version : elsinore seat cover problem

schulte_85
02-13-2005, 07:38 PM
I got the seat cover on my seat with no wrinkles, but when I put it on the quad there is a huge wrinkle where the seat bends up to the tank. I started on the bottom and worked my way up, Should I try to start from the top and work down? I think it might be because of the plastic stuff on the side of the cover, Has anyone else been having problems with these covers? Do you have to add heat to the plastic to let it expand with a blow-dryer? Please help, it looks like crap right now with that one big wrinkle, and I already tried getting it out once but it just ain't working.

beak7707
02-13-2005, 08:11 PM
My friends has a little wrinkle in the same spot. I'm sure you could work it out if you pulled it tighter.

RideRedEX
02-13-2005, 08:37 PM
yeah i worked with mine forever and got the one big wrinkle out of it but still have 2 smaller ones. i just made she everything in the back was tight and then worked with the front, from where the over lap is split all the way to the front. i tried bending the seat back while i stapled it which got rid of the wrinkles on top but wrinkled the sides bad. if you still cant get it and want it fixed take it to an upholstery place and have them install it

the Z Man
02-13-2005, 09:05 PM
When I did mine, I did the back, then the front and the sides last working from the middle pulling real tight... Z.

schulte_85
02-14-2005, 10:38 AM
I used a hair drye last night and got the plastic warm and it expanded and it worked a lot better, and I got the wrinkle out, but if you guys haven't tryed a blow dryer, try it because it worked awesome!!!!!:D

schulte_85
I used a hair drye last night and got the plastic warm and it expanded and it worked a lot better, and I got the wrinkle out, but if you guys haven't tryed a blow dryer, try it because it worked awesome!!!!!:D

schulte_85