PDA

View Full Version : Last night I raced the Predator

QuadJunkies
02-13-2005, 10:30 AM
Last night we had FT racing. I decided to run TWO classes last night and start to get the feel for the Predator again. I took out my Honda in the practice and Heat race when I ran the Mens INT. class but raced my Main and all the race in the INT. womens class due to some blue groove in the mian, I didnt liek my tire set up on my Honda and Turf Tamers were suckin out there.I do hav to say after running the new 450R carb on my Honda with my new full Duncan 440 kit you could tell it made a BIG difference from top to bottom!

I was pretty nervous running the Predator since I hadnt race it in such a long time , I forgot what that powerband is like!! lol.

In the heat my line up was crap. I had out side front, I personally would rather be in second line up middle or inside over that corner in the front, I get pushed out EVERYTIME. and thats what happened .. I took LAST in the heat race.. So I decided to give the ole Preddy a try in the main..

In the womens class I for once drrew a good number and got pole postion on the line up! and I took 1st place in the heat! in the Main, I got a good start, but for whatever reason I backed off in the corner and the girl to the right of me made a pass, I think I corner tighter better on my Honda but...... it didnt last more than one lap.... She spun out after first lap I got out front and finished both heat and main in 1st place!

Mens Main, 8 of us on the line up I had last row,7th position. I was not too optimistic being in the back , BUT!!.... IT happened lat race , I ended up 8th and took 3rd that week!!! SOOOO....... Almost instant Carnage , a few tires bumpin and near spin outs and one guy got pushed completly off the track he got slammed HARD!! I still managed to come up to a 4th position. Im not complaining.. These mens are FAST! For some reason all night all I kept hearing is how much better I race the Predator than I do my own!! Im gonna give mine a try again next wk end with a full set of Amer. racer hopefully ( the cart guys are giving a used set for free thats in good shape !)

Troy raced in Pro , took second in the heat but unfortuanly placed last in the main due to a slow donw from a YFZ that always seems to slow him down, Troy gave him a tap on the rear and it sent him and the guy into a spin out I think this may have cost him in points from a 3rd place in the championship, he was tied for third until last night :( Same for me, I think I got passed up in points and wont championship this year either. I was 4 points ahead until the 4th place guy took 1st last night...Sucks ,but what can ya do but do your best and hope everyone else runs a clean race and doesnt hold ya up I guess....

Anyhow, I had a GREAT time rioding the Predator last night and Im sure Ill run it more before the series is over .. two races left!

:macho

QuadJunkies
02-13-2005, 10:31 AM
Ill try and get some video up later this week if it turned out... :)

440exnacsracer
02-15-2005, 09:04 PM
doin great, glad i dont have to race with you, id be afraid id get beat by a woman:blah:

QuadJunkies
02-15-2005, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by 440exnacsracer
doin great, glad i dont have to race with you, id be afraid id get beat by a woman:blah:

LOL!!!.. not the way Ive been racing lately.......... :o Im getting TORN this year...... :ermm:

440exnacsracer
02-16-2005, 08:13 PM
i think im about to get into racing, i need to sell one of my quads to really get my pred up to racing standards though. the motor is definately there, lol, youll see in the QB contest, but suspension isnt all that great. i play race with a few friends that race all around georgia and do pretty good, and i always show them up lol. guess ill see what this spring has in store for me:D :devil:

QuadJunkies
02-17-2005, 09:49 PM
Best of luck in the contest!! :blah: and to racing..... ;)

QuadJunkies
02-17-2005, 09:50 PM
these are all of the pics I have of racing this season. the rest is all vidoes...

QuadJunkies
02-17-2005, 09:52 PM
:D

QuadJunkies
02-17-2005, 09:59 PM
...:macho

440exnacsracer
02-19-2005, 10:16 PM
nice pics, its gotta be loud in that warehouse! how much hp you think your pred is up to now? should be hitting 60 with mine, have to throw it on the dyno and check it out when the shops done:devil:

QuadJunkies
02-21-2005, 11:52 AM
Im not sure ,but on the last MX race it took the holeshot both times....:blah: :macho
well, alot changed since the wk end... I tokk a REALLY digger.. Ill have vidoe up later today...