PDA

View Full Version : lmao best security device

chucked
02-12-2005, 03:42 PM
I keep my 4 wheeler and everything in a sea container in my back yard... Well aparantly one of the lights has a bad ground... I usually have a wooden ramp going up into it but I moved it... well I grabbed the door to open it up today and it shocked the crap outta me!! I know where the bad ground is but im still contemplating fixing it....

Aceman
02-12-2005, 09:23 PM
Yep, that would definitely deter the thieves alright:p I'm not sure but I think electricity might bleed off into the ground making your bill higher? That would be bad when you saw your bill at the end of the month.

nosliw
02-12-2005, 10:01 PM
a friend of mine rigged up an old alarm systen to his '71 roadrunner to electrify the whole car when it was armed. well, it was sitting in HIS driveway one day, some guy came up to grab the door handle, got shocked, faked injury and won a lawsuit against my buddy. so consider that before you make the whole shed hot :ermm: :scary:

Aceman
02-12-2005, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by nosliw
a friend of mine rigged up an old alarm systen to his '71 roadrunner to electrify the whole car when it was armed. well, it was sitting in HIS driveway one day, some guy came up to grab the door handle, got shocked, faked injury and won a lawsuit against my buddy. so consider that before you make the whole shed hot :ermm: :scary:

That's such BS. I remember someone telling me a burglar broke into a house through a window, cut himself on the glass and sued the homeowner. He won too.:rolleyes:

chucked
02-13-2005, 06:03 AM

well if theyre dead can they still sue??? haha

DeerNuts
02-13-2005, 07:33 AM
Family can.

markk
02-13-2005, 08:13 AM
THATS ALL COMPLETE B.S. Our court systems are a freakin joke and it p*sses me off the more i think about them! Y should some low life peice of scum, that steals and cheats his way threw life, be givin more rights than the honest man or woman.
IMO is all bullsh*t, A theif should have at least one hand cut off! And then people would know not to trust that person. And murders shouldnt be allowed to live in out prisons while we all pay for them to watch TV, GO TO SCHOOL, EAT, RECEIVE MEDs. And all of those costs are coming outa OUR paychecks!

People say that to kill somone it costs more money than keeping them in prison for 30 years! I hate to say, But a knife or a bullets are not that EXPENSIVE!

I just hope that some Judge somday really see WTF is wronge with our judical Systems!

DeerNuts
02-13-2005, 08:59 AM
You made some good points; however, it is important to keep in mind that these cases are rather EXTREME examples. I do not wish to downplay the the ridiculousness of these cases, but it is important to remember that our system works rather well, all things considered. I am well aware that our system requires us to spend money to keep prisoners in jail, but that is how it needs to be. It needs to be that way because we cannot forget that we support our government monetarily. Our government (judiciary system in particular) invests time and our money to keep people in jail.

It's only good to rant when it is accompanied by good reason. One would think that a jury by peers would fail, but it is a rather accurate system. I am very aware of the corruptions of it, the buying and selling of cases, and so on. Ideally though, the system works. The cases that make the headlines are the most extreme (Peterson and Jackson are two examples that quickly come to mind).

Yes, there are a lot of shortcomings. But before you rant (and you were certainly justified to rant in this case) consider that for all the bad that is portrayed, a lot of good is done, even if it is accomplished somewhat ineffectively at times.:ermm:

rider250ex
02-13-2005, 09:18 AM
me and my friend were at a yard sale one day and we saw one of those transformers or what ever for the horse fence....so w got it for 5 bucks and rigged it up to the hanlde on his shed...funny $hit when we ask people to get stuff in the shed.

chucked
02-13-2005, 04:31 PM

and i also think it would be impossible to rig up something that can put out that much charge without destroying the cars electrical system.

nosliw
02-13-2005, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by chucked
and i also think it would be impossible to rig up something that can put out that much charge without destroying the cars electrical system.

whaddaya mean 'that much charge'. the guy wasn't really injured he's just a weasel and saw an opportunity to bust my buddy.

chucked
02-13-2005, 06:09 PM
whaddaya mean 'that much charge'. the guy wasn't really injured he's just a weasel and saw an opportunity to bust my buddy.

first of all, the body of the car is the ground... if he was to be shocked he would have to make the car body positive, which would have to switch the polarity of everything on the car or it would short out or even blow up the battery.

nosliw
02-13-2005, 06:20 PM
first of all, the body of the car is the ground... if he was to be shocked he would have to make the car body positive, which would have to switch the polarity of everything on the car or it would short out or even blow up the battery.

well im no electrician. i dont know how he did it, just that he did it and got in trouble.

bignorm
02-13-2005, 09:40 PM
man if any one breaks into our house THEY WILL DIE! one of my old best friends got into drugs very heavily and moved in with his sister in another town and about a year after i last saw him he come and breaks into our barn and steals my dads raptor. we had no idea it was him at the time. but then we found out for sure but we have no proof and no one will testify gainst him. so i was at a party one night. meanwhil i was at a reastaurant drinking coffe with a girl and then juggalo (david slaymaker) calls me and he like yeah ricky is comeing down here to the party and im like wtf and then juggs is like yeah me and brandon have a suprise for him. so i leave and go down there. and to make a long story short my friend punched him and it opened a can of worms and 3 weeks ago me and juggs have been getting death threats from his friends. so we now have guns and were gonne get more.

-josh

Aceman
02-13-2005, 10:42 PM

Household current is AC and a car's is DC. If he had the car wired to his house without being grounded it's possible it would shock someone. The tires might of insulated it from grounding out. I don't know how this would affect the vehicles electrical system with the battery still hooked up though. Never tried it and never will.:rolleyes:

markk
02-14-2005, 12:13 AM

Im my thinking that sounds correct to me!