PDA

View Full Version : make you quad wider without Arms has anyone used these?

ranger400ex1994
02-12-2005, 03:30 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43974&item=4527525113&rd=1

is this to good to be true?

JDiablo
02-12-2005, 03:32 PM
I would use it :o

TBD
02-12-2005, 03:45 PM
I wouldn't run this kit. Think of what it does to the bumpsteer that already is bad. The only advantage you get is the frontend will be wider. No more wheel travel then stock. To me it seems that the disadvantages far out wiegh the advantages(1, wider).

stonerider250x
02-12-2005, 06:50 PM
i wouldnt use this product neither. Its a good idea for the every once in awhile rider but if ur a serious rider go ahead and get the real thing that will come with many more benefits.

Out_Sider
02-12-2005, 11:20 PM
that kit looks cool as hell, i'd like to get one to test it out, i dont see how it would affect bumpsteer as it does not extend the rims out nor does it affect travel in anyway. looks pretty clean to me, i'd just like to see how it does with a few races under its belt. and think of the cash your saving, no need to have the shocks revalved.. looks like a good product to me, but of course before calling it 'to good to be true' someone would need to test the durability

punker69q
02-13-2005, 07:00 AM
With those kits you are moving your a-arms pivot points further away from the tie-rod pivot point, which will give strange effects on your wheel alignment vs its position in the travel. Remember the laeger narrow frame that were made to reduce bumpsteer and improve handling? Those kits would be the exact opposite...

meangreen400ex
02-13-2005, 07:27 AM
man I couln't imagine what kinda damge that would cause when you hit a tree!!!

fire_axx
02-14-2005, 04:42 PM
i made my own!!dscn0293

TBD
02-14-2005, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Out_Sider
that kit looks cool as hell, i'd like to get one to test it out, i dont see how it would affect bumpsteer as it does not extend the rims out nor does it affect travel in anyway. looks pretty clean to me, i'd just like to see how it does with a few races under its belt. and think of the cash your saving, no need to have the shocks revalved.. looks like a good product to me, but of course before calling it 'to good to be true' someone would need to test the durability Bumpsteer has nothing to do with the wheels. By moving the arm pivots wider apart and not changing the location of the tie rods you will increase the bumpsteer.

DirtDevilBT
02-15-2005, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by TBD
Bumpsteer has nothing to do with the wheels. By moving the arm pivots wider apart and not changing the location of the tie rods you will increase the bumpsteer.

So why do wheel spacers cause bumpsteer?
IMO... I think this kit would be great in 300ex form. Those kits increase width and travel. Kinda neat for something cheap as they are. Bout the same price as good wheel spacers, then put some 450R front shocks on your 300ex. LMFAO :rolleyes:

ranger400ex1994
02-16-2005, 03:18 PM
i am really thinking about getting a set . but i would really like to know how they would hold up under race abuce.

ex101
02-16-2005, 07:15 PM
I was looking at that same setup on ebay,the guy who is selling them will not guarantee them,but says they hold up well mx-wise.I was curious as to the stress they can handle because it would definately be a cheaper alternative to overpriced a-arms