PDA

View Full Version : My piston #2

Mxjunkie
02-12-2005, 01:51 PM
i wish i could bore it over to use a wiseco piston, the pin that holds the ring in place broke, ( 2nd one so far thats done this ) last time i had to buy a new cylinder, if i had to this time my dad would have went postal :grr:

Aceman
02-12-2005, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie69
i wish i could bore it over to use a wiseco piston, the pin that holds the ring in place broke

Do you mean the clips the hold the wristpin in place? Are you using new clips or reusing the old ones?

JDiablo
02-12-2005, 02:02 PM
i dont think he could be re-using the old ones if they old ones broke to,maybe you don't no how to install them the right way :devil:

Mxjunkie
02-12-2005, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Aceman
Do you mean the clips the hold the wristpin in place? Are you using new clips or reusing the old ones?

nah that happened one of the times, we replace everything, bearing,clip,piston,gaskets etc, this is what it looks like when a clip comes out

JDiablo
02-12-2005, 04:19 PM
That piston still looks like its in good condition

lol hahaha i can still see that narly hair in the background:blah:

Kilabanshee
02-12-2005, 04:53 PM
Josh like I said it looks like time for a new bike....

Aceman
02-12-2005, 09:06 PM
Maybe you should have your dealer assemble this top end, so your not posting this problem again for the third time. Are you guys using a manual when you do the top end? Maybe the clips have to have the gap to the top or bottom so they don't come out:confused:

Mxjunkie
02-12-2005, 11:07 PM
Maybe you should have your dealer assemble this top end, so your not posting this problem again for the third time. Are you guys using a manual when you do the top end? Maybe the clips have to have the gap to the top or bottom so they don't come out:confused:

we know what we are doing we arent dumbass's, its allways problems with the pistons etc, my dads built car motors, bike motors etc raced for many years, so its not that its being put togather wrong, the clip was a mistake of ours but that pin for the ring breaking had nothing to do with how it was put togather and this has happened 2 times allready :ermm:

that and im not paying 60 dollars an hour at the dealer when we can do it

Aceman
02-12-2005, 11:44 PM
we know what we are doing we arent dumbass's, its allways problems with the pistons etc, my dads built car motors, bike motors etc raced for many years, so its not that its being put togather wrong, the clip was a mistake of ours but that pin for the ring breaking had nothing to do with how it was put togather and this has happened 2 times allready :ermm:

that and im not paying 60 dollars an hour at the dealer when we can do it

I never said you were dumbasses. You said it happened twice in a row. Why don't you stop and think for a minute. How much have you spent on 2 topends versus how much would you of spent taking it to the dealer where they would of probably warrantied the work if that happened? But keep doing it your way, just don't whine if it breaks down again.

Mxjunkie
02-13-2005, 12:30 AM
I never said you were dumbasses. You said it happened twice in a row. Why don't you stop and think for a minute. How much have you spent on 2 topends versus how much would you of spent taking it to the dealer where they would of probably warrantied the work if that happened? But keep doing it your way, just don't whine if it breaks down again.

it doesnt have a warrenty and i doubt their pistons are magically better since they all come from honda :ermm: plus the part that broke has noooo connection to how you put it togather

Hammer trx450r
02-13-2005, 12:47 AM
it doesnt have a warrenty and i doubt their pistons are magically better since they all come from honda :ermm: plus the part that broke has noooo connection to how you put it togather

What was your ring end gap? How did u install the rings on the new piston (what tool?)

Mxjunkie
02-13-2005, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by Hammer trx450r
What was your ring end gap? How did u install the rings on the new piston (what tool?)

did it by hand with both ends facing the pin and the t facing upwards just like your suppose to do

02-13-2005, 01:55 AM
are you talking about the locator pin? by getting the piston pinned from the top, and not from the side, will eliminate that problem..

Jesse