PDA

View Full Version : hmf header and other slip on??

YZ400EX
02-12-2005, 12:21 PM
If I have a hmf headpipe on my 400ex now and wanted a different rear exhaust, could I use another "slip on" type exhaust on the HMF header or is it different..What about an HMF slip on..is it the same as the pipe that came with the complete exhaust or is there a difference because it is a slip on..Just needing to know this info..Thanks

Dannys400ex
02-12-2005, 03:18 PM
i have a big gun header and a hmf slip on on mine, but i had to have a piece tig welded on the slip on because it was about 41/2 in too short. it works out fine now...

YZ400EX
02-12-2005, 03:23 PM
But I dont have a big gun header..I have an HMF so I wanna know if I would have to do anything like what you had to do If I use this HMF header??

Hon300ex
02-12-2005, 07:28 PM
if u have a HMF header and a HMF slip on there going to fit perfect. there made one to go with the other

bulkdriverlp
02-12-2005, 08:08 PM
i thought all head pipes were the same length as stock so you wouldnt have the problems. all headpipes are made the same as stock. this way if you just want a slip-on itl fit or if you want full system you can put it all on. never heard of having to alter or weld anything together.lol

Dannys400ex
02-12-2005, 08:39 PM
no all headers are not the same. if im not mistaken the hmf slipon wont even work with the hmf header unless you have it fabricated to fit. the slipon will be too short.

Aceman
02-12-2005, 08:57 PM
Yeah, I was under the impression the inlet is smaller for the slip on than the full system silencer. Seems like I remember reading on the HMF forum you send the slip on back to them and they modify it to fit the full system. Easiest way would be just to call them and ask or post it on their forum on the HMF website.