PDA

View Full Version : watch out for lrd

trx425r
02-12-2005, 11:21 AM
some inside info on some bad products coming out from LRD performance

they are going to bring out a new line of pipes yes they do make more power then the old style. problems tho its too loud. and no field testing was done for durability.(yes that means you get to test it for them) the ceramic coating they are using "ballistec armor coating" sucks it’s a dry ceramic coating that soaks up oil and stains the finish. It discolors and scratches off very easy. The new product also uses screwed in end caps at both ends of the silencer assembly.(this means more screws to loose because they don’t use a loc-tite that holds them in place. And they will offer this pipe w/ a carbon fiber silencer body. ( no testing done on this ether). And if you have seen trinity’s products it will look pretty close to that.( It’s a sham they could not come up with something new)

But on a good and bad note they are going to offer the 400ex pipe in stainless steal instead of ceramic coated mild steal. The bad portion of that is it seams that they are fusing the metals together rather then adding filler to the weld and the weld is not all that great (seen more s/s pipes returned with broken weld then anything else)

just hate seeing people spend their money on junk. And a little heads up from the inside

Thump_It
02-12-2005, 11:58 AM
Not saying that your information is false, but how do you know all of this?

trx425r
02-12-2005, 12:40 PM
Not saying that your information is false, but how do you know all of this?

i worked for them for awhile.....

ThumPIN_450R
02-12-2005, 01:33 PM
LRD pipes are junk no matter what one you get i've seen more of them break than any thing else i have a friend that has an LRD pipe on his yfz and it's broke more than 5 times:eek2: and the header comes so close to the head on the yfz it dis-colored the aluminum on the head. I would think for as much money as he spent on that pipe LRD could have made it fit a little better than that but on the up side LRD has replaced his silencer every time it broke no questions asked

bobbo97f150
02-12-2005, 09:38 PM
I had bad experiences with my LRD on my 400EX. The way the cone shaped pipe went into the silencer was a terrible design. It came apart at the track. The rivets tore out of the silencer. I bought a new silencer can, just an empty can, no packing, core, or anything like that, $40. I bought an HMF for my 450S 4x4 and my 450R and the quality is a lot better.

z400guy21
02-12-2005, 10:29 PM
mine works incredible

twisted threads
02-12-2005, 10:35 PM
My brother and one of my good buddys both got LRD pipes and have had to send them back to get fixed because both of there pipes came apart a few times.

beak7707
02-13-2005, 09:38 AM
Seems like LRD slacked off when the 250r got replaces by the 4 strokers. But LRD's 250r parts and motors were top notch, there wasnt much if anything they didnt win.

K_Fulk
02-13-2005, 09:47 AM
I've seen some bad looking lrd pipes but dont have any personal experience with them. Sparks pipes arent the best made pipes either. Probly the best motor builder pipe quality wise i have experiance with is a CT pipe.

QuadRacer041
02-13-2005, 02:47 PM
i had problem with 2 differnt silencers on my 250r's my old polished one last 3 years i had 2 of the newer black ones and after about 2 months the black was turing to purple and the 1 black fell apart after about a year.
i also had some prblems with a top end the did for my 265 power valve, the did a top end for me and i asked them to look over everything and let me know if there was anything that was worn and need to be replaced soon, well they said it was fine. i got it back rode it for a month or two and had to pull it back apart and send it back for some things they they should have caught the first time.

mattonln
02-13-2005, 03:23 PM
i must agree, my uncle has an LRD and its back to them for the 3rd time because the rivets on the back of the silencer don't hold... he's sent it back before for header fitment problems and the welds breaking... the customer service to him has been good, though....

1fastR
02-13-2005, 07:25 PM
this is my first pipe from LRD so I dont know about there past problems, but I have had mine for about 6 months now and it work great, awsome fit and finish-lets hope it stays that way

02-09-2006, 05:40 PM
i think LRD is gooddd

dist5mxer
02-09-2006, 07:30 PM
the only problem i've heard of about LRD is the bolts stripping out where the header goes into the can.. personally its a minor thing that can be easily fixed.

XCRACER26
02-09-2006, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by 1fastR
this is my first pipe from LRD so I dont know about there past problems, but I have had mine for about 6 months now and it work great, awsome fit and finish-lets hope it stays that way
"Nock on wood"

Snoopy450r
02-09-2006, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by dist5mxer
the only problem i've heard of about LRD is the bolts stripping out where the header goes into the can.. personally its a minor thing that can be easily fixed.
That is the exact thaing that happened to me on my 450R last season. The bolts from the exhaust that bolt to the silencer loosened up and fell out. When I put new ones in I striped the holes out. So what I did was pulled out all the packing drilled the holes out completly then put some bolts from the inside sticking out and put locktight and lock nuts on, and bolted it to the exhaust pipe. Iv never had a problem since with LRD with my 450R or 400EX. I think LRD is a great exhaust it is the only thing that I will run on any of my quads, plus iam sponsored by them so I get 40% off, so thats nice.

rookiex
02-09-2006, 09:56 PM
ive had good luck with mine no problems yet.but if it breaks it will give me a reason to get a new pipe!