PDA

View Full Version : anyone been to cozumel???

rider250ex
02-12-2005, 11:13 AM
hey. for febuary vacation my family is goin on a cruise like we always do. well we are goin to cozumel mexico one day and they have all teh stupid atv tours with the 4x4 and you have to go like 5mph and i was wondering if anyone knew where i could rent a sport quad for the day if anyone has been there. or if i can in belize, gran caymen, roatan. i just wanna go out and have some fun on a quad for the day. also anyone else goin on a carnival cruise to all those places that leaves the 20th from miami?

knighttime
02-12-2005, 11:40 AM
i dont remember seeing quads for rent, but cozumel has scooters all over the place to rent. watch out in belize, its in central america and is very much a third world country. watch your back if you enter belize city.

the cayman islands would be the only place that may rent quads.

:scary:

02-12-2005, 11:46 AM
be careful in Belize

Quad18star
02-12-2005, 12:38 PM
Just hope you get nice warm weather . My aunt and uncle and cousins went a few weeks ago ... they were there for 2 weeks and they had maybe 4 days of hot weather . Other than that , they were wearing long pants and long sleeved shirts . :ermm:

honda_racer_713
02-12-2005, 06:12 PM
ive been to cozumel once and we went on the jeep tours. if there are around 4 of u going u can have your own jeep and beat the $hit out of it. My dad was jumping off of speed bumps in the road and climbing up rocks and stuff. You do have to follow a tour guide though..:o

02-12-2005, 07:18 PM
we have quads in Rosarito beach :p :rolleyes: :blah: ...

hehe

CHAR250R
02-12-2005, 07:38 PM
Stopped on Cozumel when I was on a Royal Carribean cruise. What a $hit hole. Be careful in Belize. My friend's father in law was shot dead there. Retired, sold his house, and had one built in Belize. The local scumbags thought he had alot of money (because he built a new house) robbed him, killed him, and threw him in a canal where the local police found him a few days later. Don't have any gold or jewelry in view. The locals will take it off you, even if they have to cut off your finger to get a ring. If you stay with ships recommended tours, you should be OK. Keep your eyes OPEN. Be careful.

rider250ex
02-12-2005, 08:47 PM
cozumel can be a $hit hole or it can be cool depending on where you go. i had fun just findin my way around the place. as long as you are cool to them the locals are pretty cool. havnt been to belize but is it worse than puerto rico? puerto rico was pretty sketch....

Aceman
02-12-2005, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by CHAR250R
Stopped on Cozumel when I was on a Royal Carribean cruise. What a $hit hole. Be careful in Belize. My friend's father in law was shot dead there. Retired, sold his house, and had one built in Belize. The local scumbags thought he had alot of money (because he built a new house) robbed him, killed him, and threw him in a canal where the local police found him a few days later. Don't have any gold or jewelry in view. The locals will take it off you, even if they have to cut off your finger to get a ring. If you stay with ships recommended tours, you should be OK. Keep your eyes OPEN. Be careful.

Man that's a real eye opener.:( I'll have to make sure Belize isn't on the schedule if I ever take a cruise.:eek:

gratzracing24
02-12-2005, 11:48 PM
i went to cozumel like 2 years ago on a cruise...it was preety good but nothing really exciting for me...i was liek 14 at the time...followed my parents while they went jewlery shopping...the funny part was my step mom was looking at something real expensive and my dad said ur gonna need to get me a few beers to get that....the guy that was waiting on us said ill be right back...came back like 2 mins later with like 4 beers...they were preety good too...it was local in cozumel i dont remember what it was called