PDA

View Full Version : voting etc.

SRH
02-12-2005, 09:48 AM
if you ask me the selection and some of the voting is way off....how did that diangelo guy and the paul40ex guy not make it in? but some quads with flat tires no chain not as worked make it? who did the selection for the finals? everyone who posted and those who all did make all have really nice quads but the way the final selection went is a lil odd to me... bee rock has a full laegers R and got just a few votes? maybe there should be a scale like this

overall looks 1-10 (overall opinion on the look regardless of the mods)

performance for intended use 1-10 (how well the quad is setup for dunes...mx, xc etc)

quality of parts used 1-10( american star race quad should be scored much much lower than a full laeger or roll race quad)

condition pictured 1-10 (covered in mud missing parts etc lower score than something that looks like it came off the showroom floor)

for example i would rate this quad

all 10s... but say your throw some ratty plastic on there...has bald tires etc you get a 23 instead of 40 it would keep it fair for everyone..... and just because you have a super worked quad you might not always win and because you have a stock quad all pced and polished you might not beat out someone who has a equally good looking quad but setup.... i mean you couldnt honestly rate a pced and polished say ...300ex higher than a full roll 250r just for looks there has to be a criteria.... and the scores for each quad should be posted for each category and a overall comment...

if this was just for fun then what the hell throw up a poll but its going on the site and blingstar is handing out prizes you guys really need to do it right

SRH
02-12-2005, 09:54 AM
by the way catgories like "degree of customization" could be added too...the kid who had the r with blaster engine didnt have the best looking quad but he should be rewarded for his efforts ...say the scale is 1-10 he didnt do all his own work th en maybe he gets a 6 say he did all the wleding etc then a 10... or a walsh crf vs a mildly modded production bike etc

i know it sounds unfair that it will take more than a pretty quad to win but imo to have the nicest quad you gotta lay down the cash

02-12-2005, 05:19 PM
No i dont like that idea

Dannys400ex
02-12-2005, 05:23 PM
me either

SRH
02-12-2005, 10:24 PM
yeah because you guys would lose, its ridiculous a quad witha slip on and junk parts edges out something properly done because they like the member

Chino
02-12-2005, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by SRH
yeah because you guys would lose, its ridiculous a quad witha slip on and junk parts edges out something properly done because they like the member

That's life thou man, ya gotta keep your head up high and go on with it, your gonna get sh*t on and your gonna sh*t on some people but it's life. Nothing is always fair, something is always bias ya just gotta deal with it ~

SRH
02-13-2005, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Chino
That's life thou man, ya gotta keep your head up high and go on with it, your gonna get sh*t on and your gonna sh*t on some people but it's life. Nothing is always fair, something is always bias ya just gotta deal with it ~

what? i didnt get **** on im not entering my quad i was just stating all the flaws in th is so called quad of the month thing...

beak7707
02-13-2005, 09:13 AM
I think they are trying to make some changes, hopefully it wont be a popularity contest all the time.

Pappy
02-13-2005, 09:27 AM
ummm, can you point out where popularity or biased opinions have influenced a contest?

if you cant then id stfu.

diangelo#67
02-13-2005, 10:43 AM
ok pap how about my bike it was clearly in the first ten but they went around it?

Pappy
02-13-2005, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by diangelo#67
ok pap how about my bike it was clearly in the first ten but they went around it?

i dont think there should be any limits at all. i was surprised yours didnt make it in , but when you have 1 person making the decisions it falls on that person to explain thier actions. i still dont see where bias or popularity made any difference unless you could make a case that the person picking the 10 somehow picked yours over anyone elses?

IMO it should be open to as many quads as there are entrants. the problem with that is you would have the vote/poll so big that it may not be possible. i think it should be left to one person who based on a scale such as SRH posted would define the final 10.

I do not think that the 1st 10 entered should be the quads picked.

I have also tried to stay clear of this contest in almost any fashion, but I would like to see it succeed. My complaint is against open accusations claiming any form of bias or any decisions based on popularity. I think it should be decided by an open poll after the top 10 are picked by using some form of grading etc. If i find out decisions are based on anything other then the merits of the quad and its builder then I will step in.

diangelo#67
02-13-2005, 12:43 PM
I agree with you there pap, i don't see how the winner could have been based on popularity cause the guy that won i only saw on here when he was trying to sell his bike.:devil:
but I do believe that it was based on the type of quad:scary:

Pappy
02-13-2005, 12:58 PM
thats why it should be based on some form of evaluation. the dude running it could have just not liked your bike therefore it wasnt included in the final poll.

i actually think the final winner should be decided by a 3 member panel. let the site decided the final 10 and then it would be judged seperatley to find the overall winner for the month.

diangelo#67
02-13-2005, 04:46 PM
I completely agree

K_Fulk
02-13-2005, 07:59 PM
Maybe have 3 or 4 diffrent people rate entrants on some sort of scale like srh's. Then have the top 5 be voted on every month.

Just another thought. :confused:

250xridamatt
02-15-2005, 07:50 PM
I say you pick a few mods to look at all the quads and do what srh proposes. Gather up all the point and take the average. You then get an oppinion from someone who obviously knows what they are talking about, and they know the criteria a fourwheeler must have to win. There must be some method to this madness.

TheFontMaster
02-18-2005, 07:23 PM
Wow I can't belive I didn't see this thread sooner. I am continuing to run the QOTM with the first 10 entries. However, I will be more stict as to what quads will be able to be entered.

This is an ATVRiders QOTM, so I feel that members of the site should have say in who wins, not just a couple mods.