PDA

View Full Version : Boxed Shipping

Pappy
02-12-2005, 07:23 AM
Due to an accident involving a UPS truck, we will be shipping 450R and YFZ frames back in boxes from this point forward. We have in the past used foam/bubble wrap and a final shrink wrapping to secure the frames. This has been fine for over 400 frames but seeing what can happen if the unthinkable occurs, we are making the change. It will add $5 to the cost of a frame but the piece of mind is well worth it.

I hope the 400ex/Z400 etc frames will also work in the large boxes i have ordered, but i wont be able to know until they arrive.

project R
02-12-2005, 01:41 PM
Hey pappy, where would be the best place to pick up a box to fit the yfz frame? Thanks in advance.

JDiablo
02-12-2005, 02:00 PM
What happened pappy?

Pappy
02-12-2005, 02:12 PM
a UPS truck was involved in a serious accident and a frame was damaged. i dont know the extent of the accident but after seeing the frame it must have been a roll over:p

the pc itself wasnt really damaged, but a shock mount was damaged severly.

i wrap and package frames to take one heck of a spill but as proven things can and will happen. switching to boxes will add yet another level of protection.

project R, www.uline.com is where i bought the 48 x 24 x 24 boxes ( i think thats the size) i dont think they will ship just one box tho.

JDiablo
02-12-2005, 02:13 PM
Ye i seen a show one time of how bad the UPS people are,they dont care,if it says fragile on it,they will just beat it up even more,lol

project R
02-12-2005, 02:14 PM
Looks like a good site to get shipping supplies, thanks pappy.

project R
02-12-2005, 02:23 PM
Dont mean to be a pain but what bubble size bubble wrap do you use to ship frames? I'm going to be shipping my frame soon and want it protected well. Any other tips to pack it up besides bubble wrap and a cardboard box? Thanks.

Pappy
02-12-2005, 02:25 PM
Usually when shipping frames here, folks fashion up a box and dont bother with bubble wrap.

I use foam wrap, 5/15 and 1/2 inch bubblewrap, along with cardboard over areas that stick away from the main frame