PDA

View Full Version : What is the best program for downloading music from dial up?

Narly R
02-11-2005, 06:13 PM
I am using Ares right now, but it is getting cunffusing, and I dont like it too much, is there anything better? Thanks

p.s. I have Dial Up connection

Quad18star
02-11-2005, 06:15 PM
Try WinMX ... I enjoy it . But needless to say ... with Dial Up , no matter what program you use , it's gunan be sllllloooooooooowwwwwww!!!!!

Mxjunkie
02-11-2005, 06:18 PM
ive used about all of them, limewire works good BUT it slows down your comp, 14mb too vs winmx and ares witch is about 1.06mb ;) i have winmx and ares on my pc

FourFiftyFour
02-11-2005, 06:48 PM
winmx most definitely

just download winamp lite or whatever to play the songs

Bush0102
02-11-2005, 08:38 PM
i'd say ares...most programs these days are the same...ares has a huge number of files available, my advice is to stick with that..

99400ex
02-11-2005, 09:04 PM
i used to have dial up and in my opinion no matter what program you use its not gonna be any faster or any better. ive used imesh, kazza and all of the and ares seems to be the best at not slowing my computer down.

Jekyl_22
02-17-2005, 02:24 PM
Hmm... I would say that going up and visiting your friend that is moving to OSU would be the ticket! Just take your la computadora to his dorm and use his insanly fast connection and log in DC++ so you can download songs nearly instantly. ;)

TGW_400ex
02-17-2005, 05:55 PM
I use bearshare and I'm real happy with it

Giz400ex
02-17-2005, 06:03 PM
I use limewire and its works for me:D

spudss
02-17-2005, 06:43 PM
What is the cost for these programs to use?? Does it cost to download the music?? How does it work.. I have a CD Burner and am looking to get a ipod.. Any help would be great..

Jimford
02-17-2005, 06:44 PM
Use limewire. I've used them all and they all mess up my computer. Limewire is the best I have used so far!!

Cody_300ex
02-17-2005, 07:55 PM
I am using limewire right now and I am happy with it, but I'm using cable. :ermm:

J_bob_28
02-19-2005, 02:04 PM
i would say go with limewire it is the only one that hasnt slowed down my computer

theTman
02-19-2005, 02:06 PM
ive used winMX.....didnt like it....used limewire..hated it...used ares...and i love it

TM426
02-19-2005, 03:11 PM
Im using limewire now. Kazaa sucks, all it does is screw with your computer.:mad:

Jekyl_22
02-22-2005, 01:29 AM
Nothing even compares with the original Napster. Too bad we can't use that anymore :(

But since we can't use that anymore... I would suggest getting a program to download with such as Kazza, Bearshare, etc.. and then store the files in a seperate folder. This will keep everything much more organized, running fast, and even keep Uncle Sam off of your back. Not that anyone is probably really worried about that. But what they do is check and see who is sharing thousands of files. All you gotta do is store them somewhere else. Keep em in a seperate folder and they can't see em. Just make sure that the privacy settings are set on the folder, set to not share, and there are even some copyright protection things if you use Windows Media Player to store them.

While there are disadvantages performance-wise in storing music with Windows Media Player... it does an excellent job of organizing, it has the great feature of album info searching, it can rip music, and has the copyright features.

But different strokes for different folks & to each his own. So good luck with the music on your computer.

P.S. If you don't have it... download some Guns N' Roses, AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, and some good hard music for riding. You'll thank me later. Good hard music could include Guano Apes- Open Your Eyes, AFI, Disturbed, Slipknot, etc...

Jekyl_22
02-22-2005, 01:36 AM
P.P.S. Another thing to consider when storing music is how good your computer is. If you have a blazing fast computer... then performance issues probably aren't going to have any effect on you and you might want to choose convience over pure actual functionality.