PDA

View Full Version : on this new medicine

YFZ450Ridr
02-11-2005, 03:38 PM
well today i went to my dermintologist(sp?) because i have a big bump on my cheeck. Immediatly he knew it was a cist or seomthing. he said i was the perfect canidate for a medicine called Acutane for acne. i take it for five months and every month i have a blood test because there is a very small risk of liver problems. after the 5 months is up, my acne is gone forever. my Doc. said it changes the chemicals and skin folicals and hair folicals in your skin which permanetly eliminates acne. there have been some reported bad cases with this medicine related to depression, but they have all had previous mental or depression issues. we looked at my medical records and i am the perfect canidate for this medicine. i can say i am excited to get on it and never have acne again in 5 months, thats incredible. any one herd of this medicine or currently on it?

Cody_300ex
02-11-2005, 03:55 PM
Ive heard of it, but I would rather spend the money on my quad, and paintball gun. :p

YFZ450Ridr
02-11-2005, 03:59 PM
its 10 bucks for a perscription, i guess you could fill up your tank with that lol.

02-11-2005, 04:19 PM
I have acne but its not bad but I still wouldn't mind having some of this....iv'e heard of it too, its becoming quite popular

Matt37
02-11-2005, 04:31 PM
Yea my brother was on it, Very very very powerful medicine!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek2: My brother said that you can just feel it working right when you use it.

Of course i wouldnt know cuz i dont have acne :D

NacsMXer
02-11-2005, 07:20 PM
I used it....when I was a sophomore in high school. I used to have some bad acne as well, just the superficial cystic type, and it would flare up really bad after getting dirty from riding. Your skin will dry out like crazy and you will NEED to have chapstick on hand at ALL times for your lips. The good news is, it is by far the best treatment you could ever use. I used to have the most stubborn acne ever, and now I have perfect skin with no problems. My sister used it, and a couple of my friends and we were all cured permanently. I haven't had a zit in years. :p

AtvMxRider
02-11-2005, 07:24 PM
My god it's the oxy-clean crew...They're back

NacsMXer
02-11-2005, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
My god it's the oxy-clean crew...They're back

Haha, I know the thread is back. But it really sucks to have to experience severe cases of acne. I think that drug was the best thing to ever happen to me. It really boosts your self-confidence.

JUSTINcredible
02-11-2005, 07:28 PM
I must have gotten lucky. im 19 and have never had an acne problem.

MXEDUP337
02-11-2005, 07:40 PM
My moms friends son went suicidal on Acutane so I dunno if its worth it.

Bush0102
02-11-2005, 07:53 PM
Proactiv works- or at least it did for me (and Jessica Simpson lol). I tried medicine and it wasn't very effective..

derekhonda
02-11-2005, 08:12 PM
Acutane is about as harsh as it gets, i thought they outlawed it even, it causes severe side effects, not worth it unless you have acne really bad (like a skin rash that doesnt go away on your face) for the average teenager with just a couple pimples here and there stay away.

02-11-2005, 10:57 PM
jerry? what should i do about this big zit on my nose? should I pop it or just let it go away...my mo msaid popping it would make it worse

400exrules
02-11-2005, 11:29 PM
puss

bansheeguy77
02-12-2005, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by NacsMXer
Haha, I know the thread is back. But it really sucks to have to experience severe cases of acne. I think that drug was the best thing to ever happen to me. It really boosts your self-confidence.

well said. i had it real bad too but went on that like 2 years ago i think it was. it will dry your skin up real bad. and like he said, have 40 things of chapstick around u at all times you will need it. it will get worse and u wont see many results the first month, but it gets progressively better til its all gone. it was by far the best thing i have ever taken. like he said it makes you feel so much better about yourself and the way you look. i heard it can make ya depressed or otehr junk but i never had that. the blood tests get old after a while tho. all in all good stuff id recommend it to anyone.

and yes i know some of you find it funny or stupid but until you have experienced it you wont know.