PDA

View Full Version : charging works shocks

Havok2143
02-11-2005, 03:23 PM
i have a set of works steelers (duel rate w/rezzys) on my raptor i have contacted works and they told me how to redo them once they are apart and the old oil is out and you refill it and put them back together they said you have to charge them with 250lbs. of nitrogen i have the nitrogen and fittings but can only get them to acept about 100lbs does any one know what i am doing wrong??????
thanks

02-11-2005, 09:30 PM
What is your regulator on your tank set at? You need a special tool that goes onto the shrader valve so you don't let the nitrogen out of the reservoir when you take off the tool. Did you make sure to get all of the air out of the shocks when you serviced them?

Havok2143
02-12-2005, 06:48 AM
what should i have my regulator set at and where do i get the tool for the valve so i dont loose the nitrogen and what do you mean all the air out
thanks for the reply

02-12-2005, 04:56 PM
Your regulator should be set at the PSI you want to put into your reservoir. I can get you the tool, but they are about $125. What I mean by "getting all of the air out", you need to bleed all of the air out of the oil before you reinstall the seal head and throughout the entire hydraulic system. If you don't, then you will have a dead spot at the beginning of every shock stroke.