PDA

View Full Version : Please help stop Canned Hunts...

Foxyangel0425
02-11-2005, 02:59 PM
Last night, America’s #1 rated TV drama, CSI, exposed the brutality of canned hunting -- the killing of fenced-in animals who have no chance of escape, for the sole purpose of obtaining a trophy. In the show, the opportunists who created their own makeshift canned hunt in Nevada, where these operations are illegal, were brought to justice.

Yet in reality, nearly 1,000 legal canned hunting operations exist in the United States, with no end in sight. As the graphic video at right shows, canned hunts are anything but fiction; they are a very real nightmare for animals.

But there is something that you can do now to help put an end to this despicable practice.

1. Contact your U.S. senators today and ask them to co-sponsor the Sportsmanship in Hunting Act, which will halt the interstate traffic of exotic animals for the purpose of killing or injuring them for entertainment or trophy collecting. Click here to contact your senators today.

2. Then, spread the word. The more people who know about this issue and take action, the closer we will come to STOPPING canned hunting. Click here to tell five friends to take action, and learn more.

3. Support the campaign. We are up against a well-funded industry that won’t stop killing animals unless forced to by law. Your contribution today will be used immediately to fight for the tough laws needed to shut canned hunts down. Click here to make your contribution.

We hope you'll join us in the fight against canned hunting. Thank you for all you do on behalf of animals every day.

Sincerely,

Wayne A. Pacelle
President & CEO, Humane Society of the United States

P.S. Learn more about canned hunting by visiting: www.StopCannedHunts.org

dodgeram
02-11-2005, 03:05 PM
I agree canned hunts are wrong....but the again the animals are so.....tasty:eek: :eek: :eek:

Pappy
02-11-2005, 03:06 PM
i dont hunt cans:confused:

Rico
02-11-2005, 03:07 PM
If the can has beer in it,,, IT's as good as dead....:macho

Pappy
02-11-2005, 03:07 PM
i have been "jug" hunting a few times:D

tore up
02-11-2005, 03:09 PM
there's always someone in the crowd to take a serious topic and turn it funny, in this case there 2....:rolleyes: :p

Bush0102
02-11-2005, 03:11 PM
hahahahahahaha....leave it to pappy and rico to turn another one of foxyangel's humanitarian threads. I love it!

Pappy
02-11-2005, 03:13 PM
matter of fact i seen a dude can hunting on the way home. he must be good, he had a whole bag of them:eek:

Alberta_Qaudin
02-11-2005, 03:18 PM
LMFAO, i live in a sub-division of apt buildings, we got expiditions of can hunters goin through daily, with their pateneted can hunting carts

Pappy
02-11-2005, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Alberta_Qaudin
LMFAO, i live in a sub-division of apt buildings, we got expiditions of can hunters goin through daily, with their pateneted can hunting carts

dayummm...its a global issue:(

parkers30
02-11-2005, 03:21 PM
the can hunters in MI are vicious, they have been know to craw right in their steel caves and fight for them bare handed :rolleyes:

Quad18star
02-11-2005, 03:27 PM
I usually go can hunting every friday and saturday night . After bagging a few , I'm usually searching for the rest of the cans .

catch22blaster
02-11-2005, 04:31 PM
i saw that episode of csi

K_Fulk
02-11-2005, 04:38 PM
We have a old guy that can hunts our dumpster at work every saturday afternoon. Then he puts them in his basket on his bike. Sometimes he even cleans him out of the back of my truck.

bulkdriverlp
02-11-2005, 05:47 PM
lmao, i can hunted after a tednugent show one time at pontiac silver dome in mi. filled up my friends pick-up truck, just waited till everybody left.lol

Aceman
02-11-2005, 06:21 PM
Wow this thread drifted off topic just a little.:p Now I know who all the dumpster divers are though.:blah: I've never even heard of canned hunting, if it's such a huge problem I'd think I would of at least heard about it.:confused:

bayou boy
02-11-2005, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
i have been "jug" hunting a few times:D i lke jug hunting...in fact i have shot a few trophies in my day. as far as can hunting...i have saw a few can hunters way down here too

hondardr4life
02-11-2005, 07:14 PM
There are a few of these can hunters up here in pittsburgh too. But I am actually a serious hunter. I shoot for thrill, and play to kill:D . I do like going to phesant farms and shooting them like crazy. But I mainly prefer going to the lake at 3 in the morning and sitting around till shootin hours and then killin me some ducks, that is the best kind of hunting there is. I would definetly like to go to one of those "canned hunts" and kill me a nice trophy elk. And all you hippy tree hugger anti hunters got it all wrong. Those places have thousands of acres of land for the animals to run on. So all you people need to stfu and live with it. If you don't like it, then just ignore it and live in your happy place. As you can see, noone really cares. Now I apoligize in advance if you don't like what I said, but thats how I feel on that topic and noone is going to change my mind.

400exmom
02-11-2005, 07:46 PM
i have NOTHING against hunting~ my 9 year old son went goose hunting with my boss last year and was seriously bummed he didnt get a chance to kill anything (goose hunting)~if people didnt hunt animals would be so over populated and there would be MANY issues with disease and what not~ i would much rather see a dead deer in the back of an old ford truck bed rather than see someone scrap it off the side of the road or me cleaning it off my totaled car ~AND ill be the first one in line for some of my hunting freinds deer jerky... with that said... on a final note id like to say NO i dont know chit about canned hunting but im sure there is alot of glory in killing something that has no chance of escaping:ermm:

chucked
02-11-2005, 07:49 PM
this reminds me, DEER STEAKS ON SUNDAY!!

hondardr4life
02-11-2005, 07:57 PM
Now, just to clear something up on the canned hunting thing. The animals that you hunt are not fenced in in liek 2 acres of land and you just sit there and shoot. They are actually challenging because its not like there are TONS of animals just running around. They have a HUGE area to roam around, so its not any where near as bad as the anti hunters make it seem.

400exmom
02-11-2005, 08:02 PM
so its a sport for wannabe hunters that cant be hunters cause they sukk?:devil:

jonc623
02-11-2005, 08:05 PM
first off let me say. i hunt deer, turkeys and the like and i was pissed at how csi did the show the other night. for one a canned hunt is a hunt in a small pen. but alot of people call it the same thing in a high fence of 6 acres or more and that is wrong. people talk about drugged animals, i raise deer and have had to drug a few for vet work and what not and a drugged deer is not likely to get up. it is like going to get an operation at a hospital they have no clue what is going on and cant move. so i guess i have to say that the tv shows and peta have no clue. besides the hunting preserves are hunting deer and animals they own so they can charge a good price for it ,as long as poeple are willing to pay . sorry guys this is a subject that really burns me up, as so many people have no clue how things actually work. i am against the super small pens and drugging the animals to shoot them for one the meat is no good with drugs in them. and that is wastefull thanks for listening ...

hondardr4life
02-11-2005, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by 400exmom
so its a sport for wannabe hunters that cant be hunters cause they sukk?:devil:

Ummm... NO Its just as hard as regular hunting because there are not a million animals on it. You still have to track them and be careful not to spook them because they are in no way tame. The only major difference is that you know that there are animals on that area of land somewhere.

Thorsdad
02-11-2005, 09:51 PM
Pappy

If you kill any cans I still carry a pocket knife.:macho

alimdar2times
02-12-2005, 02:08 AM
Isn't there an old joke about hunting "cans?"

400exdad
02-12-2005, 07:14 AM
Tell me if I'm wrong, but lets say a few "hunters" are bored and haven't had very good luck. Plus, they "killed" :) a few cans of beer a piece. So, knowing the lay of the land (and fence), wouldn't it be possible to jump on them big huntin' quads (with coolers of course :D ) and drive the animals into a corner of the fenced in area? I guarantee it happens.

Foxyangel0425
02-12-2005, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by Bush0102
hahahahahahaha....leave it to pappy and rico to turn another one of foxyangel's humanitarian threads. I love it!

this is so not funny you guys...this is serious. If you don't like my topics than don't reply to them! :mad: :cuss:

Pappy
02-12-2005, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by Foxyangel0425
this is so not funny you guys...this is serious. If you don't like my topics than don't reply to them! :mad: :cuss:

if they ever open a season on threads that have absolutley nothing to do with atv's. yours will be an endangered species:eek:

jonc623
02-12-2005, 08:29 AM
the csi show that this is about was wrong the way so called hunt was done for1. the animal was stolen 2. the animal was let into a place it had no clue what to do (because it was raised in a zoo )and had no fear of people and 3. if the guy that shot the bear on the show was a real hunter he would not of walked upto the front of an animal he has shot 3 seconds before that 4. it was hollywood smoke and mirrors just something to fuel the tree huggers fire

hondardr4life
02-12-2005, 08:38 AM
if they ever open a season on threads that have absolutley nothing to do with atv's. yours will be an endangered species:eek:

HAHAHAHAHA, nice:D :cool:

Rico
02-12-2005, 01:41 PM
Ok all joking aside.

I"m a hunter and did not agree with the CSI show. Big CSI fan here by the way. But it was smoke and mirrors like mentioned before.

Most Can hunts are controlled hunts and the animals being hunted are not endangered. But yes there are can hunts that are pretty much a joke and as the old saying goes, Money Talks.

I'm a hunter and I go into the wild and hunt. Anyone that would go to say Tennesee to shoot a Rhino needs a smack in the chops.

gyt-r450
02-12-2005, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Foxyangel0425
Last night, America’s #1 rated TV drama, CSI, exposed the brutality of canned hunting -- the killing of fenced-in animals who have no chance of escape, for the sole purpose of obtaining a trophy. In the show, the opportunists who created their own makeshift canned hunt in Nevada, where these operations are illegal, were brought to justice.

Yet in reality, nearly 1,000 legal canned hunting operations exist in the United States, with no end in sight. As the graphic video at right shows, canned hunts are anything but fiction; they are a very real nightmare for animals.

But there is something that you can do now to help put an end to this despicable practice.

1. Contact your U.S. senators today and ask them to co-sponsor the Sportsmanship in Hunting Act, which will halt the interstate traffic of exotic animals for the purpose of killing or injuring them for entertainment or trophy collecting. Click here to contact your senators today.

2. Then, spread the word. The more people who know about this issue and take action, the closer we will come to STOPPING canned hunting. Click here to tell five friends to take action, and learn more.

3. Support the campaign. We are up against a well-funded industry that won’t stop killing animals unless forced to by law. Your contribution today will be used immediately to fight for the tough laws needed to shut canned hunts down. Click here to make your contribution.

We hope you'll join us in the fight for canned hunting. Thank you for all you do on behalf of hunters every day.

Sincerely,

Wayne A. Pacelle
President & CEO, Humane Society of the United States

P.S. Learn more about canned hunting by visiting: www.StopCannedHunts.org

gay:rolleyes: i sure as hell dont care about canned hunts:chinese: plz go to huntingBBS.com to see the real side of hunting canned or not

We hope you'll join us in the fight for canned hunting. Thank you for all you do on behalf of hunters every day.

gyt-r450
02-12-2005, 02:18 PM
look at those guys they killed something that had no chance of escaping they look happy to me:D

http://www.777ranch.com/777_photo3.htm (canned hunters)

ok what about fish they cant get out of the lake so is fishing bad? i mean they no chance of escaping:(

:rolleyes:

wvspeedfreak
02-12-2005, 08:12 PM
Yeah,canned fishing is getting out of hand.I think someone should do something about it.:D
It's just like shooting fish in a barrel.:D :D

DeerNuts
02-13-2005, 09:14 AM
Some of you guys make me LMAO!:p

On a more serious note, however, the CSI show (and I didnt see it ) sounds like it was smoke and mirrors. CBS never really seems to portray things the way they really are. Anyway, canned hunts should be taboo or at least big enough so the animals have a good chance. I for one am against it. Other than to control the animal population in a given area, can you name one good reason we should pen animals in? To control the animal population is ok (and not by shooting) is ok, but there is no other reason I can see that would justify the cost of it.

You have to admit, to enclose animals in a large enough area to fairly hunt them would be kind of expensive.

F-16Guy
02-14-2005, 03:53 PM
matter of fact i seen a dude can hunting on the way home. he must be good, he had a whole bag of them:eek:
Man, that got me laughing pretty good!! :D