PDA

View Full Version : help gpr stabilizer

infinite
02-11-2005, 01:30 PM
I GOT A QUESTION, AND I CAN USE THE HELP SINCE NO ONE ELSE SEEMS TO KNOW. I HEARD SOME GUYS GOT A GPR STABILIZER ON A STOCK STEM AND I WAS WONDERING WHAT I HAVE TO MAKE TO ADAPT IT, TO USE ON THE STOCK STEM. PLEASE ANY INFO WILL HELP I HAVE MACHINE SKILLS AND TOOLS SO I CAN DO IT JUST NEED SOME ADVICE FROM SOMEONE THAT ALREADY MIGHT HAVE IT. THANKS

cjpoole1
02-11-2005, 02:07 PM
Looks like all you would have to do is modify the holes on the stem to line up with the GPR and use short bolts instead of the long ones that come with it for the anti-vibe mounts.
http://bxtrememotorsports.com/atvexpo/DSCN1783.JPG

infinite
02-11-2005, 02:30 PM
wheres that pic from is it your bike? darst from here just told me that u have to just longate the washers that go between the stem and the gpr and run shorter bolts to mount it. let me know if anyone else has got any ideas about this or has it done im looking for the best way.

TBD
02-12-2005, 06:46 PM
I'm not positive about this but I know there are two different sets of holes on the bottom of the GPR stabilizer. That might be the difference you need for making the stabilizer mount on either stock or anti-vibe. I've never mounted the stabilizer to a stock stem so I can't say if that is right or not.