PDA

View Full Version : Help Gpr Stabilizer

infinite
02-11-2005, 10:13 AM
I GOT A QUESTION, AND I CAN USE THE HELP SINCE NO ONE ELSE SEEMS TO KNOW. I HEARD SOME GUYS GOT A GPR STABILIZER ON A STOCK STEM AND I WAS WONDERING WHAT I HAVE TO MAKE TO ADAPT IT, TO USE ON THE STOCK STEM. PLEASE ANY INFO WILL HELP I HAVE MACHINE SKILLS AND TOOLS SO I CAN DO IT JUST NEED SOME ADVICE FROM SOMEONE THAT ALREADY MIGHT HAVE IT. THANKS

Shawn H
02-11-2005, 11:18 AM
When you purchase the GPR from GPR they have the mount for the stock stem as well!!

Whats with the cap locks?:ermm:

infinite
02-11-2005, 12:07 PM
no they dont. they told me i would have to make a adapter plate to fit it on the stock stem then i asked if they can describe it and they told me the guy who does it john is not there and they have no idea how. then i called other shops and they each tell me a different story im looking for rowlrag to hit me back cause i understand hes the man with the answers. cause hes got it. as for the caps sorry at work doing data entry was set on caps when i entered it.

darst2004
02-11-2005, 01:34 PM
I have a GPR on a stock stem. The Stabilizer is from an XR650 and all you have to do is oblong the thrust washer that comes with it and they do this to keep things from binding up.

infinite
02-11-2005, 01:39 PM
which washers and it bolts right up to the stock stem right? any pics or if u can describe how exactly i should do this thanks alot i really apprecate the help p.s. i do got the 450r gpr kit is his gonnna make a difference cause yours is different

darst2004
02-11-2005, 01:51 PM
You take all of the stock handle bar mounts off then these washer set on top of the stock stem then you put the GPR on top of that it. The slot in the washer will cause the GPR to lean forward just slightly not really enough that you can see though. This keeps thing from binding up. I have the TRX 450R kits as well I was just letting you know that the kit for the XR650 is the same thing according to the guys at GPR because mine was on back order forever. The only difference is the washers I am talking about you do not use them on the bike. I have had mine for almost a year now and it is awsome.

darst2004
02-11-2005, 01:55 PM
I had to get 2 new bolts for mine as well the 2 large bolts that mount the GPR to the stem were to long and bottomed out then the GPR would not tighten up properly once I put in short bolts it was ready to go.

infinite
02-11-2005, 02:26 PM
hey thanks alot darst so the rumor about it being at a different angle and screwing up the inside of the stabilizer is not true cause 2 shops told me i have to get a after market stem cause if i didnt it would screw the stabilizer up

darst2004
02-11-2005, 02:41 PM
They are just trying to sell you a stem also

infinite
02-11-2005, 03:04 PM
yeah i thought that. hey the washers that your talking about modifying do they go between the the stabilizer and the stem? also thanks alot for the help darst i was stressing pretty bad lol

Shawn H
02-11-2005, 04:14 PM
When I bought my GPR they told me they had brackets to mount to the stock steering stem. I used the GPR on mine Jb stem tho.

brandonpeake
02-11-2005, 10:09 PM
well ive heard it MAY work on other stems but they only will guarantee it works on houser and roll about the mounting angles, i didnt ask about stock b/c i got a burgard stem so im curious to see if it works on the burgard or not, but i went ahead and bought a roll stem in case it dont so im not held up, ill be selling one once i get it all in and installed so ill post what i find out