PDA

View Full Version : Changing springs before revalving?

infantry317
02-11-2005, 08:46 AM
Here's the deal, my old TCS shocks are set up for MX and are too harsh for XC and trails. I don't want to spend all the $ for a complete revalve/respring. Would I be at all happy to just change the springs or valving for XC then do the rest later? Anyone done this?
Thanks

Rico
02-11-2005, 10:56 AM
I've kinda did this. My front elka's were setup for 70% XC and 30% MX. I changed the main springs out about 3 times before I got them setup perfect. Just going down one rate on the springs probably won't do it.

It won't work perfectly but would be a lot cheaper than having them completely rebuilt.

Q35
02-11-2005, 01:43 PM
Get the valving done also or you'll have a bunch of mismatched stuff that your not happy with. Why don't you check with tcs they might be able to use some parts you already have to cut cost's because they can look and see what you have. The money you save won't be worth the problems, and having the right suspension for your riding will change alot of your thinking. I know I shouldn't talk but you already have revalveable shocks so your almost there. If herbie gets his revalved and they work, mine will be on their way.

infantry317
02-11-2005, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Q35
Get the valving done also or you'll have a bunch of mismatched stuff that your not happy with. Why don't you check with tcs they might be able to use some parts you already have to cut cost's because they can look and see what you have. The money you save won't be worth the problems, and having the right suspension for your riding will change alot of your thinking. I know I shouldn't talk but you already have revalveable shocks so your almost there. If herbie gets his revalved and they work, mine will be on their way.

This butthead could have just called me on my cell phone :ermm: :devil: