PDA

View Full Version : Anyone race in the NY area? Or live in the NY area?

honda_racer199
05-02-2002, 09:42 AM
Does anyone race or live in the NY area? I'd like some new people to ride with!:huh

MEL
05-02-2002, 02:45 PM
some friends and i race the wnyoa hare scrambles. we race mostly around ithica, with some races in western new york. check out their web site www.wnyoa.net.

dawzie
05-02-2002, 02:58 PM
We do in Ulster, Orange and Sullivan Counties. We are going to www.ebmx.net this Sunday to practice. About a dozen of us. Most of us are MX experts.

CBRSLIDER
05-02-2002, 05:57 PM
MEL,

Were you at Fassett last sunday? If so how was it? I was planning to make it but wife's due anyday now. Looks like I'll miss this sunday's race also. Hopefully in a few weeks things will smooth out around here and I'll be able to start racing. We'll have to hook up at a race or two.

Later,
Ray

honda_racer199
05-03-2002, 09:44 AM
Thanks for the information. I race in the Western NY Series for motocross.

rbm300ex
05-03-2002, 10:31 AM
Welcome to EXriders! You can't live without it. As mentioned before check out wnyoa.net for harescrambles in western&central NY and d4mxatva.com for the new Dist.4 quad MX series. Although your close to the Wheeler track so your probably aware of that. The Harescramble in Cohocton is May 19th (if I remember right) is probably the closest on to you. The rest are all within a hour or two drive. They are a lot of fun and something everyone that rides should try. I may attempt a MX race or two just to try it and to support the series. May be something to get my sons into though as i believe they have youth quad races (its about time!). Will have to see if this body of mine can handle a moto or not.
Everyone that rides needs to get behind & support their area races, tracks, etc. I know I've been waiting YEARS for organinzed ATV racing in WNY. We need to make everyone aware of it. Tell your buddies, pick a race, bring your quad, helmet & goggles, teather kill switch and go!!! You'll be glad you did. There is a class for everyone. Time to get off my soapbox.:p
Randy
#477 WNYOA quad rider

05-03-2002, 09:56 PM
Go D4!!! Hubby's racing at Silver Springs. I will be as soon as I get over the "new" look of my 400 (All I have is Renthals and Shockcovers). LMAO. Wish my kids could race. 11 yr old on a blaster and 13 on a 300ex. (11 yr old started out on a 90; 13 yr old started out on a 350x) By law, on 50's and 90's. They'll just have to watch for now...

dawzie
05-04-2002, 03:56 AM
What is up with this "law". It's OK to ride a bike but not a quad?.Could someone explain to me why this is? Thank you.

MEL
05-04-2002, 05:04 PM
cbrslider, we were at fasset and you didn't miss much. it rained like **** the nite before and in the morning. the course would have been great if it wasn't so wet.it turned into one big mud bog. we'll be at all the rest except for thunder rigde. look us up. i ride vet class #52.

CBRSLIDER
05-04-2002, 08:11 PM
No problem. I don't know when I'll get to race one but hopefully soon. I'll look for ya. Infact prior to going to the race I'll PM you and give ya a heads up.

Later
Ray

rbm300ex
05-04-2002, 09:11 PM
:grr
Don't get me started on those so-called "age restrictions"!!! More like discrimination. If they were guidelines...well sure, but about as close to a law as you get. Where is the AMA/ATVA??? Why are they not fighting to do away with these restrictions? They'd never put up with that if these restrictions were places on bikes!! Not for a minute!!!!! I'd much rather my sons race on a quad than a bike!! Let me decide what they can ride. Just plain dumb. Most folks won't let a kid jump on a dirtbike w/out protective gear, but too many did'nt think it was needed on a 3 or fourwheeler because they are easier to ride and don't require the balance. Well, we're paying for others stupidity!!! Whew:(

05-05-2002, 06:29 PM
doesnt any one race district 3 ..or am i the only one?:(

05-05-2002, 06:44 PM
I race in frozen ocean and i race at moto masters in Maple View.
I also race in Harrisville at the drags and Mx races.

I live near fulton, Phoenix, and Central Square. Does anyone else ride in this area?

05-05-2002, 08:14 PM
have u ever raced a thunder ridge or royal mountain ? im in that area

honda_racer199
05-08-2002, 11:16 AM
I've never raced there, I've raced at Silver Springs, Batavia, Wheeler, Maple Shade, Freedom, and Tioga Park. Thanks for all the info!