PDA

View Full Version : best set up for the dunes

Eddiesanders250
02-10-2005, 10:02 PM
what should i put on my bike next? I have an fmf pipe, k&n, bigger carb(38mm), v force reeds and is jetted perfectly for the coast?

zedicus00
02-11-2005, 09:19 AM
paddle tires? new shocks? im not trying to b a smartass but u really need to b more specific. tell us all of what u got and what u want to end up with... if u want more power or faster revving how bout a big bore kit or a light flywheel, a billet head is always good. better exhaust, (im not an fmf fan)

wilkin250r
02-11-2005, 03:55 PM
Your riding style should determine your next mod. Me personally, I like suspension, but it seems most people riding dunes care more about motor than suspension.

Either way, I think your next upgrade will be big, you've got all the little stuff. If you go with suspension, it is very hard to do suspension in stages. You can buy front shocks for your stock a-arms, but you'll have to pay several hundred to have them revalved when you get extended a-arms. Or, you can buy a-arms and shocks together, but that's a pretty big purchase all at once.

If you decide to put money into your motor, your next upgrade should be complete porting, head mods, and probably a pipe to match it. The FMF is good for stock, but not so good for a fully ported motor. You'll want to get a pipe specifically matched for your porting. I also highly recommend either modifications to your existing head, or an aftermarket head, at the same time you do your porting.

Like I said, you've got all the little stuff out of the way. Your next move, whether motor or suspension, will probably be a large "package" deal.

Eddiesanders250
02-11-2005, 03:57 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by zedicus00
paddle tires? new shocks? im not trying to b a smartass but u really need to b more specific. tell us all of what u got and what u want to end up with... if u want more power or faster revving how bout a big bore kit or a light flywheel, a billet head is always good. better exhaust, (im not an fmf fan) [/QUOT

I have works shocks, and paddles, i would like just all around power. I was thinking an eddisanders330 kit, but im not shure

Im not an fmf fan either, its just what the guy i bought it from put on it.

pharit
02-13-2005, 04:52 PM
i'd get rid of that junk FMF pipe and get a Paul Turner pipe, you'll love the gains you get from it