PDA

View Full Version : banshee vs. 450R

rippen_honda400
02-10-2005, 09:39 PM
hey any body wit a banshee write back and tell me how you like it, same with the people with 450R's, i really want a 2 stroke but a also want a 4 stroke and these are the only two quads i want!! help me out!!!!!!!!!!!:(

Eddiesanders250
02-10-2005, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by rippen_honda400
hey any body wit a banshee write back and tell me how you like it, same with the people with 450R's, i really want a 2 stroke but a also want a 4 stroke and these are the only two quads i want!! help me out!!!!!!!!!!!:(

i have a trx250R. Ever think about one of these. If not i would, they are bad*****. Anyways if your not interested in the R i would go for the banshee but thats just me. It also depends on the kind of riding you do.

02-10-2005, 09:56 PM
http://adam.rosi-kessel.org/adam/weblog/images/llama.jpg

rev
02-10-2005, 11:56 PM
ive got a banshee.its a mean sumbit*h.It has walked on everything that i have raced.(especially when i can get it to hook up)The only thing that i hate is maintanence/tuning them.I ride my fourstroke most of the time.But when the weather is nice and i feel like getting stupid i always go with the shee.

rev
02-11-2005, 12:00 AM
I would go with the fourstroke if you want to ride and not worry about working on it all of the time.

02-11-2005, 05:38 AM
banshee is you drag race and like to work on things and spend lots $$$ maintaining...450r if you actually plan to ride

bansheerider29x
02-11-2005, 06:36 AM
If u want speed and acceleration get the banshee. IT handles pretty good too. Everything i have raced i beat and im not even close to being done moding my engine. The bad thing about these are you have to rejet the engine everytime the temp changed 10-20 degress. But its still the best quad.

bansheeguy77
02-11-2005, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by bansheerider29x
If u want speed and acceleration get the banshee. IT handles pretty good too. Everything i have raced i beat and im not even close to being done moding my engine. The bad thing about these are you have to rejet the engine everytime the temp changed 10-20 degress. But its still the best quad.

ive never had to screw with the jetting on mine. it ran super, didnt feel one bit of difference. i have no idea what size jet was in when i bought it tho so i couldnt help ya out.

and who said you have to spend alot of $$$ maintaining them obviously never owned one. the maintnance is the absolute same as a four stroke. i owned both i know. telling you right now nothing will put a bigger grin on your face riding than a banshee. it is by far the most fun you will have on 4 wheels. if you are die hard about racing mx then id go with a 450. but i raced mx on my banshee and did great, just gotta know how to ride them and keep the revs up.

only 2 flaws about it. price for engine mods is almost double, but it is well worth it. and 2, gas milage is bad. mine would eat a tank in about 2-3 hrs of riding. now i beat mine and it had pistons, pipes, filter, and i think thats it for engine. get the banshee you wont be disapointed.

400grl
02-11-2005, 02:33 PM
Banshee's are a kick in the pants, that's for sure!!! I loved mine!!! If I did any other kind of riding besides MX, I'd still have mine!!! :) If you want to spice up your riding for a while, get the Shee!! :) ;)

zephead400ex
02-11-2005, 02:36 PM
Shee's are no more work than any other quad as long as it is maintained, just like everything else.

ridingorhiding
02-11-2005, 06:12 PM
Both are good bikes & i have both if i had to let one go i would have to say good bye to my

rippen_honda400
02-15-2005, 07:29 PM
i was thinking about getting the 400ex conversion kit off www.serivishonda.com but they are 5,000$!! the shee i wonted was used, it is in mint condition but what i dont want is the mantinence, i really want a two stroke!!! I NEED HELP IM GOING CRAZY !!!!!:eek2: :confused:

bansheeguy77
02-15-2005, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by rippen_honda400
i was thinking about getting the 400ex conversion kit off www.serivishonda.com but they are 5,000$!! the shee i wonted was used, it is in mint condition but what i dont want is the mantinence, i really want a two stroke!!! I NEED HELP IM GOING CRAZY !!!!!:eek2: :confused:

no need to go crazy. it is the same maintnance as any other quad. just take care of it like any quad. of course if its neglected you might have problems, but they are to be expected. if u say its mint then it probably was taken care of by the previous owner. so you treat her right and trust me you will have the time of your life.

National#6
02-25-2005, 08:37 PM
rippen_honda400, It just depends which type of riding you are going to do. In the sand the Banshee rules, on the track you will be the under dog to the new 450's they are lighter and handle better and in most cases will beat the banshee off the line. On the trails you have to keep your speed up, to much lugging and you will overheat!! + they load up and foul plugs at higher elevation if you don't rejet. In the desert they are fast but you have to have a 6 gal tank to go as far as the 4 strokes and thats more weight, again you will be the under dog. Its all in what you like to do the most.

bansheeguy77
02-25-2005, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by National#6
. On the trails you have to keep your speed up, to much lugging and you will overheat!! + they load up and foul plugs at higher elevation if you don't rejet.

not true. 80% of my riding was trails in the mountains. slow and fast and never had either of those problems.

trick450r
02-26-2005, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by 400grl
Banshee's are a kick in the pants, that's for sure!!! I loved mine!!! If I did any other kind of riding besides MX, I'd still have mine!!! :) If you want to spice up your riding for a while, get the Shee!! :) ;)

i had a 01' banshee as wel...lots of fun but i deffinatly wouldn't say its the most fun achine ever...my 250r will take off faster and continue to BURN my banshee in a drag...the 250r jumps 10 times better and i can still bring it to the mx track and race!!

i would go with a 250r.....or a 450r......i would still have my banshee though if i didnt race MX and needed my 450r...