PDA

View Full Version : New here and have a few questions....

davz450r
02-10-2005, 09:39 PM
New to the quad world here. A friend of mine has some extended arms and axles and his quad rides so smooth.

I was going to buy some arms and a axle and I have a few questions..

I only do trail type riding and am not going to be racing. Sometimes I might hit the sand but it's too far away.

If I went with 2+ 1+ arms would I need to buy after market shocks as well? Or could I use the stocks for the mean time.

What would be a good axle to pick up with breaking the bank since I am not going to racing and doing really high jumps.

On the exhaust. I am not going to ask which one to buy. Just this...

I do not plan on raising the compression
at all and have read unless you plan on raising the compression a full system is worthless and just get a slip on. I do have the HRC kit installed though. Any light on this question? Slip on or full is my question, not which brand which has been ran into the ground LOL

Thanks in advance guys.

mikes450r
02-10-2005, 11:18 PM
this is what i would do if i was on a budget...

for trail riding you probably dont want +2..i would just get +1's..
a cheap but very good a arm is burgards...about 400 bucks

keep your stock shocks but send them to gt thunder for rebuilds on them...about 650 will revalve all 3 and give you a better link for the rear.....this works very well..

for the axle i would go with the g force..you should be just fine with this one...i havent heard anything bad about it..and if your not jumping 70 foot gaps or just jumping huge..you dont have anything to worry about...this cost about 200

for exhaust i heard the hmf slip on is really good...but real loud..
heard good things for dr d also..

you can do all this for about 1500 bucks..which is extremely cheap..i paid 1100 just for my shocks...just to give you an idea..

hope this helps you...any other questions just let me know..

roughrider01
02-11-2005, 12:49 AM
What ML said. Depending on your weight, say if your under 180 lbs i dont see you needing to rebuild your front shocks for extended a-arms. The stock shocks just seem stiff as hell to me (155 lbs).

The g-force axle should be perfect for ya if you dont do to much mx'in. You could probably find a used LSR axle for that price as well but that would be a tough find.

To cure the rear end from bucking i suggest the gt thunder revalve and link, cheap but very respectable company.

gt thunder (www.gtthunder.com) for the rear rebuild
g-force (www.rockymountainatv.com) for the axle

Sportrax10
02-11-2005, 04:53 AM
Id go with a full system exhaust...

MY450R
02-11-2005, 06:07 AM
id definatly get the full exhaust

steveatv3
02-11-2005, 07:09 AM
stock shocks will be fine for what you are doing, and i would go with the Gforce axle as well. I have one and i race with it and its great.

davz450r
02-11-2005, 08:03 AM
WOW TY so much for all the info.
I weight 185 and am 6' 2".....
So the stock shocks would ne fine?????
Anyone have any used stuff they want to sell?

David

dn1911
02-11-2005, 11:35 AM
if you do extend the A-arms you will HAVE to revalve to shocks to properly handle the new leverage on them for a good ride. Laz at GT Thunder can and will explain all of this when you call him.

with the HRC kit a full exhaust is going to perform better. with that cam HMF and Pulse charger work very well. the Dr. D is also a very good torque pipe.

FAST 450R#1
02-11-2005, 09:08 PM
I have some used parts i got the axel,a-arms,full exhaust,heelguards,and slightly used cam for sall.