PDA

View Full Version : revboxes. any good?

muddy400EX
02-10-2005, 09:10 PM
right now i have an HMF slip on, jetted, k&n and i will prolly be getting a hotcams stage 1 in the future, so i was wondering if a revbox would hurt, help me or what. im trying to get as much power as i can w/o gettin a big bore

Big - D Racing
02-10-2005, 10:55 PM
it would do you no good, unless you really build your engine (high comp. piston, porting, cam, carb, and everything else you already have combined) Your bike with the current mods makes no power above the current rev limit so to go beyond it would just be pointless. If you hit your rev limiter now, you are not shifting right, you should be shiffting gear @ 8000 rpm where your power starts to fall, at 9200rpm (the stock rev limit) you are way pass it and are lacking power.

Giz400ex
02-12-2005, 06:11 AM
When mine was only a 406, I added a CS rev box to tell ya the truth, the quad was more snappier. All I can say is that if your gonna have some motor work done, get it! But, if your POSITIVE that your not, then I wouldn't.

bulkdriverlp
02-12-2005, 08:13 PM
if you hit the rev limiter your not making a whole lot of power anyhow, seems to be the best power comes up to the limiter. why people have to rev the piss out of everything i have no idea. its easier on your motor anyhow if you keep the revs down

85atc350x
02-12-2005, 08:46 PM
I personally like the stock cdi with the rev limiter. Sometimes when I get the itch push my engine to it's limit, The rev limiter is there to remind me that I have alot invested in my quad and and I dont want to blow the engine. Unless you are racing, The 9200 rpm's you get with the stock cdi should be sufficient.