PDA

View Full Version : tire balls 2

450Rkid
02-10-2005, 08:19 PM
what is so special about tire balls they are flippin expensive for what they really are look at them come on!!! the only plus is that the tire pressure cant go down but i would rather just by more tires some

02-10-2005, 08:58 PM
what if you were in the middle of a race real deep in the woods and you're in first place and you get a flat tire....wish you would of had tire balls then

roughrider01
02-11-2005, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by 450Rkid
what is so special about tire balls they are flippin expensive for what they really are look at them come on!!! the only plus is that the tire pressure cant go down but i would rather just by more tires some

So the only plus is that you have a cut tire but you cant tell the pressure goes down meaning you probably dont even know you have a punctured tire til the race is over. :huh Thats the whole point. Think about it, you cant ride that fast with a completely flat tire.

400ex45
02-11-2005, 08:20 AM
there intended for racer that dont want to get screwed out of a race because of a flat tire. so it all depends on how much money do you want to spend to win.

Shawn H
02-11-2005, 11:24 AM
There are many more advantages to Tireballs then just preventing a flat!!

1st you get the confidence to slam thru any rocky section WFO with out getting a flat!!

2nd you get exceptional traction with them.

3rd you also get extra Suspension Benifits. there is no comparison between 2 quads that are the same except 1 has balls in it.

4th is when you hit a rut, root, rock its not such a big blow the balls actually soak up a lot of the hit.

Im sure there are other reasons but these are 4 that I enjoy the most out of the tireballs!!

CdaleXtreme
02-11-2005, 12:35 PM
What is the price of this setup?

How do you change tire pressure?

I know there is some expensive special equipment needed to maintin your balls.

I think this would even be ideal for MX too.

If money were no object

quadjeff
02-11-2005, 02:09 PM
Retail is $250 per tire.

With the guage you by as a kit

It is not that expensive, oil, guage, and tire irons if you do not have them..

Do not use them in the fronts if you are high speed. They tend to wobble..

MX would not be good because of the extra weight.

I recommend for XC with not questions....

brandonpeake
02-11-2005, 10:23 PM
snow nailed it right one about the tire balls , definitely on my mod list