PDA

View Full Version : Please Help

EXlover60
02-10-2005, 06:33 PM
i left my 02 400EX at my brothers house for storage. i let him ride it while it was there. but the problem is that he never changed the oil. so i think he seized my engine.
when we tried to jump start it the wheels wouldn't even move when it was in gear. is it seized? what do i need to get to fix it and how much would it cost for the parts?

44oEX
02-10-2005, 06:43 PM
so what it doesn't even turn over??? hook it up to a car battery.

it could be seized but It souldn't seize for no reason.

crazyatvn
02-10-2005, 08:45 PM
pull the spark plug out then take the bolt out (uses an allen wrentch) on the stator side right in the middle of the fly wheel and then put a socket on the nut in there the motor should turn easy. If not big trouble.

EXlover60
02-11-2005, 05:57 AM
no it won't turn over. the lights work and everything. when i push the start button the lights dim a lot.:confused:

44oEX
02-11-2005, 06:24 AM
well then it's seized or the is something broken in the case that is stopping it from turning over

looks like it's time for a disasembly:D

BLEEDRED
02-11-2005, 06:32 AM
Before you panic, do this first:

pull the spark plug out then take the bolt out (uses an allen wrentch) on the stator side right in the middle of the fly wheel and then put a socket on the nut in there the motor should turn easy.

You have to try to turn it over by hand before you start splitting cases. Make sure you turn it counter clockwise.

mmartin
02-11-2005, 07:07 AM
Im not exactly sure how it all works but I would think if your starter gear was stuck it would keep it from turning if you tried by hand. You may want to remove it also if you cant turn it by hand. Like I said I could be wrong about that.

crazyatvn
02-11-2005, 04:50 PM
there is a clutch on the flywheel so it will not stop it for being turned over by hand