PDA

View Full Version : Parting out 03' 300ex Motor

wrk24wheel
02-10-2005, 03:27 PM
If you need any parts off of a 300ex Motor let me know. I am stripping it down now. I have everything, but piston, cam, rockers and cylinder are bad. The cylnder would be good if you plan on boring it out. It has very fine scratches from the melted piston. The motor only had 17hrs on it so the case heads and everything else look brand new.

Any prestine part that does not go here I am going to sell on ebay and then junk the rest.

pm me if you are interested in any parts.

lucky6man
02-13-2005, 03:47 AM
well i dont see what could be wrong with the rockers so ill take them if they are good?

hardkoratvmxr
02-13-2005, 10:58 AM
i need the intake boot that goes from the carb to the head if you have one let me know how mcuh

Aceman
02-13-2005, 11:21 AM
Wrk24wheel posted in the powertrain forum that his wife ran the motor without oil. So everything that he said isn't for sale is bad, like the rockers.

Cody_300ex
02-13-2005, 09:31 PM
I'll take the cam if its not in to bad of cond. I just need it for as a core for a core charge.

lucky6man
02-13-2005, 09:56 PM
yea even if the motor was ran with out oil i can see the piston cracking befor doing major damage to the rocker arms. worst thing that could happen to them is get worn down or marked up.

YZ400EX
02-14-2005, 01:25 AM
What condition is the valve cover in?? If its in excellent condition how much?? let me know..

wrk24wheel
02-14-2005, 08:30 AM
Sorry, everyone. But I now have a new delima. When I got home last night, there was a message from the engine builder who was spliting the case for me. It turns out, the bottom end looks brand new. It only needs a new cam, rocker arms and a piston.

However, I was told that the rockers and cam are too shot to be reused and he does not know anyone that would take them as a core charge.

I think since I really can't make anything back on the bottom end. I am just going to keep the motor and build a stroker out of it for her in the future.

I guess this is what I get for listening to mechanics before actually seeing the damage done.