PDA

View Full Version : Rebound worth it?

Smoker
02-10-2005, 02:30 PM
Looking at front long travel shocks and was wondering if it's worth the extra $300 for rebound adjustment on the Elka's. Yes, I did a search on this and found nothing, before someone flames. I understand the rebound is probably handy to have but hopefully someone who has Elka's with rebound can tell me if they think it was worth the change.
Thanks

:p

RedRacer44
02-10-2005, 03:04 PM
This is how I looked at it when I bought my Elkas....do ya really need the rebound adjustment? I think it depends how good of a MX rider you are. If you're a C class rider or so...doubt you'll need them....

If you're an A class or pro level rider....it might be a good investment. I'm an A-Class rider locally and I really havent found a track yet that I felt I needed to adjust my rebound. Elka did a good job on the valving n' stuff on my shocks, the rebound is almost perfect and has worked great on every track condition I've come across.....

Smoker
02-11-2005, 05:48 AM
Cool, thanks!

PEPwalshZ440
02-11-2005, 06:02 AM
no not unless you are a B class or up national rider

300exHILLER
02-11-2005, 08:31 AM
I think you shouldbuy the rebound. Then you will never want it cause you will already have it. Say you do make to A or Pro class you already have the shocks which are the most important and expensive part of racing.

Smoker
02-11-2005, 09:54 AM
I would rather spend $300 somewhere else on the build, I'll mainly be doing XC anyway. Thanks for the input guys!

:p

R3Concepts
02-11-2005, 02:23 PM
No. 90% of the Az Pros I race with have rebound adj. shocks and never touch them, I never touch the rebound on my PEP rear, unless a track has a nasty whoop section.

CdaleXtreme
02-11-2005, 02:24 PM
I always bought it on every set of shocks I have had. But I never touched it!

So the new set of elkas I have on my 450R w/ no rebound and I havent missed them.

Now the Rear shock rebound is very important, and I adjust that often.

I guess one could argue you adjust them together. But thats my .02 anyhow