PDA

View Full Version : Getting a sponser

Texan32
05-02-2002, 06:41 AM
I need a little direction. At what point should i feel comfortable trying to get sponsered? Money is money right, and who couldn't usa a little more to mod their quad more.

Here's my deal. I am going to my ony 2nd race on the 19th of this month. It's pretty much a local race (Soiuix Falls, SD), but we had over 50 bikes and nearly 30 quads there last month, not to mention about 15 Jr bikes, so it was kinda big. I am currently in the Air Force and i work a second. Because of the 2nd job, i don't get alot of riding time. So, if i could get a sponser, I could cut a few hours a ride more. Here's the problem. I have issues taking someone else's money. I have ALWAYS worked for what i have. And, for someone to give me money to support my habit just seems wierd. To me sponsers are for those who are running GNCC and big stuff like that.

There is alot of local owned business here, and i think i could get a few of them to sponser me. Am i just talking out of my ***** here? Should i take what i can and run with is and be happy that i can con someone into suporting my playtime?

Since i'm not a national/regional racer, i just don't want to feel like i'm stealing someone's money. Can anyone shed some light here?

05-02-2002, 01:33 PM
Ok heres the deal. U should wait till u atleast run 10 races before tring to get a sponsor. I ran for a year before getting my sponsors. I ran like 20+ races and kept track of all my races, what places i got and so forth. Heres what u need to do to get a sponsor, make up a resume like a work one, tell them ur name phone # address, what kind of quad u ride and whats all done to it, ur last 10 races and how u did, whats ur goals for next year, why u would benifit there company(suck *** a little too), whats ur goals in life. and thats about it. start sending them out in sept. or oct. of this year your to late this year to do it. For money wise u wont get any, the only thing u will get i discounts on parts and stickers for ur quad, the only way u can get money is if ur a top gnc rider. Last year i got Nacs, Maier, boyesen, and PEP. they all just offerd me discounts on parts. I only ran CRA races and no gnc races last year due to money, so the best thing to do is race as much as possible and keep track of them and send out resumes in sept or oct of this year. If u have any more ? just post a reply, oh ya and send in pics of ur quad and u riding or racing. Thanks James Parker