PDA

View Full Version : TRX GT thunder linkage?

Airik79mx
02-10-2005, 01:07 PM
I have a 450R with a JB Racing swing arm and a PEP ZPS shock with the stock linkage. I want the Walsh set-up but can't afford now so my ? is can I get the GT thunder link with-out changing my shock? If yes, does it make a difference? And maybe a price too?
Thanks

beak7707
02-10-2005, 01:19 PM
I'm not 100% for sure but I think you can. I have heard of a few people running his link with an Axis rear. You will need to have it revalved I'd say. I am running his stock revalve setup and couldnt be more happy. It was the best 250 I've ever spent on a quad part. I would defently give Laz a call and see what he can do for you. It will be Mon or Tues before he's back from Texas though.

RedRacer44
02-10-2005, 02:02 PM
I am pretty sure that it can be done, I'd almost bet on it. You'll just have to send your shock to Laz and have him revalve it to work.

As far as I know, when you buy an Axis rear shock...they offer you a "long travel linkage" which is just the GT Thunder MX linkage from what I'm told.

Airik79mx
02-10-2005, 03:54 PM
I will call them next week and see what they can offer. I think Baldwin is making a link now but it's prob like $350 plus he would have to change everything on my shock too. Which is more cash. I'm just looking for a quick fix. Thanks for the info.:)

Ex_Rider43
02-10-2005, 08:18 PM
I heard lots of great comments about this setup...

this is why I sent my shock today to Gt thunder for the mx linkage and revalve, he is supose to send it bak the next day after he received it also which is very good IMO.

02-11-2005, 10:21 AM
guys, what's the main difference between GT Thunder's MX set up and XC set up. Would an MX set up be ok for XC? or vice versa?

RedRacer44
02-11-2005, 11:07 AM
The way the link is made is a little different, you'll have to modify your airbox n' stuff. I race MX full time but do ride XC every now and then jsut for fun. The MX link works fine, but if you race XC...I'd recommend getting the XC link.

ajr400ex
02-11-2005, 11:15 AM
Difference MX vs. XC:
The chassis height is setup around the tire size that is being used based on the link. Using a XC setup with 18" MX tires may result in bottoming the frame on the ground instead of the shock bottoming before the frame hits the ground.

dn1911
02-11-2005, 11:28 AM
is your swingarm extended or stock?

if it is extended then he will more than likely need some specific measurements so he can make a link that will work properly. also a revalve will be nessasary.

Airik79mx
02-12-2005, 07:47 AM
My swing-arm is a +1 1/8.
How much will the revalve cost?
I already spent alot of money on this quad so I'd like to keep the cost down.

speedfreaksguy
02-12-2005, 11:56 AM
I also run a 1 1/8" extended swingarm. I had my rear shock revalved by GT Thunder and bought the MX linkage. Laz may want you to take some measurements of your swingarm to get the valving right but the linkage will work. I had some clearance issues between my spring and one of the gussets on my swinger but I made it work.

02-13-2005, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Airik79mx
My swing-arm is a +1 1/8.
How much will the revalve cost?
I already spent alot of money on this quad so I'd like to keep the cost down. link and valve is $250:D