PDA

View Full Version : sparks pipe problem

panteramatt
02-10-2005, 01:06 PM
I mounted a sparks x-6 and tthe headpipe hits the cluch arm and it wont let it go back all the way and its slowly eating a hole in the headpipe. I already tried pulling up on it when mounting and as soon as I tighten the nuts, it comes back down. Any suggestions?

TC426EX
02-10-2005, 01:57 PM
Thats wierd man...

How old is the pipe? If its newer then I would contact sparks since it sounds like a "manufacturers defect" and may be replaceable...

I run that pipe as well and have no problems with it, nor have I heard of anyone. I know the WB E-series full systems and the Big Gun pipes had a problem with clutch arm clearance but I never heard that about the sparks... As far as a solution to fix yours, sorry but I cant think of anything right now...

shamisc
02-10-2005, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by panteramatt
I mounted a sparks x-6 and tthe headpipe hits the cluch arm and it wont let it go back all the way and its slowly eating a hole in the headpipe. I already tried pulling up on it when mounting and as soon as I tighten the nuts, it comes back down. Any suggestions?

Can you post a pic of your problem? It will be easier for us to help you then.

shamisc
02-10-2005, 02:01 PM

Can you post a pic of your problem? It will be easier for us to help you then. I had an X-6 and I just bent the tab and it worked for me.

honduh440
02-10-2005, 02:08 PM
unless it is used and pretty tore up that has to be a problem with the pipe off the get go it shouldnt be sitting that low

cals400ex
02-10-2005, 03:12 PM
to tell you the truth, mine is pretty close to but doesn't hit. i would mount the header and hold up a little bit and snug the bolts down. these bolts don't need to be extremely tight. make sure your exhaust gaskets in the head are new too. then mount the silencer.

panteramatt
02-10-2005, 03:24 PM
Yea I tried holding it up but as soon as I mount the pipe it goes down again.Can anyone post pics of my pipe?Its not new but it looks like it.

cheatin mother
02-10-2005, 07:20 PM
Mine was a little close also, just bend the clutch arm down a little till it clears the pipe!

Lethalhonda2
02-10-2005, 07:36 PM
Mine was a little close also, just bend the clutch arm down a little till it clears the pipe!
I had to do the same with mine.If you have to bend it more than a little, call Sparks.

Hillshooter
02-10-2005, 11:28 PM
I put a Sparks system on my buddies 400ex and mine and on both of them i had to slightly bend the clutch arm.

T2RACING
02-11-2005, 06:34 PM
Off the subject a little but does everyone like this pipe and about how many db is it cause I know how much they are cracking down on that this year

370kingR
02-12-2005, 04:55 AM
Just to let you guys know, we just finsished a 9 pipe shootout and the sparks pipe was dead last in power. By a good amount too. So if its fit sucks, well then its a no brainer, see how fast you can unbolt it and sell it! The name "Sparks" doesnt give you any advantage these days. Much better performing pipes out there.

Go HMF or Rossier. The Rossier is a bit quiter.

cals400ex
02-12-2005, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by 370kingR
Just to let you guys know, we just finsished a 9 pipe shootout and the sparks pipe was dead last in power. By a good amount too. So if its fit sucks, well then its a no brainer, see how fast you can unbolt it and sell it! The name "Sparks" doesnt give you any advantage these days. Much better performing pipes out there.

Go HMF or Rossier. The Rossier is a bit quiter.

what bike was this on? which model sparks pipe was it?

panteramatt
02-12-2005, 11:43 AM
Yea thats why EVERYBODY ran them at the nationals!:rolleyes:

370kingR
02-12-2005, 12:43 PM
Yea thats why EVERYBODY ran them at the nationals!:rolleyes:

I have a friend in the nationals and HE DID NOT run a sparks pipe. So i guess EVERYONE BUT him ran a sparks pipe.

Your probably the same guy that thinks a sparks sticker makes an extra 2 horse.

Proof was in the pudding my friend.

The quad had a 13:1 piston, an hrc cam, a uni filter (which by the way made less than a tenth of a horse power less than a K&N as they were both dynoed) and thats pretty much it.

I will not argue about this. I just simply wanted you to know the truth. If you want to find ways to debate this then you wll only have a debate with yourself as i will not reply.

panteramatt
02-12-2005, 09:54 PM
Well than post the dyno #'s.