PDA

View Full Version : Dropped a quad off the mountain... Not Good.

freakystone
02-10-2005, 09:21 AM
Me and a few buddies went to Hatfield Mccoy from last Thursday till Tuesday of this week. We were really bummed that the trails were so tame so we went looking for some more hairy riding and we found it.

One guy busted his tie rod end and we had to leave the bike in the mountains for the night. So he rented a new 05 Vinson so we could track up there and get the broken bike. Needless to say, that big 4x4 couldnt go where my YFZ did and he lost it at the top of the mountain. I swear it tumbled at least 45 seconds before it finally fell of a 100yd straight down rock cliff. The landing sounded like a train wreck. Then it kept tumbling even further before finally getting stuck on a tree. Needless to say the quad was totaled. Tires and the seat and misc. parts were scattered all over the mountain for about a half mile down.

The kicker... no insurance was available and my buddy is responsible for it.

Other than that, another buddy blew his engine on the last day. We stayed in Gilbert and it was amazing how all the locals knew us as the group from Chicago that destroyed the 4x4 on trails that we had no business on.

Let me know when the next group HM ride is and we will surely tag along.

http://www.livingoodlodging.com/Valpar.jpg

SlapNutz
02-10-2005, 09:28 AM
whats yous guys gott fore braines??:confused:

freakystone
02-10-2005, 09:34 AM
I tend to think we are all pretty smart and successful guys but we love to go fast and tackle trails and hills that most wont.

When we told the rental company about what happened, three of them rode out there the 6 or 7 miles with us to try to salvage the quad. We took off about half the speed we were normally riding the green trails and we thought they got lost. They didnt show up for amlost 40 minutes. When the finally arrived the told us we were crazy for riding that fast.

Fun though.

sharkinthepool
02-10-2005, 09:38 AM
What a F-in pisser No Insurance on that 5000 dallor door stop. (now).:devil:

FTR250Rnif
02-10-2005, 10:03 AM
sounds like you guys had some good luck that day:blah:

Trevor
02-10-2005, 10:21 AM
Where are the pics of the totaled bike???

n00b on a 400ex
02-10-2005, 10:27 AM
that sucks, i remember i saw this movie of a dude hillclimbing on a 400ex (i think). well, he loses it, the ex keeps rolling down the hill, he gets back down and rides it home. anybody know where that vid is?

Syrus
02-10-2005, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by n00b on a 400ex
that sucks, i remember i saw this movie of a dude hillclimbing on a 400ex (i think). well, he loses it, the ex keeps rolling down the hill, he gets back down and rides it home. anybody know where that vid is?

Ya i saw that, and guess wat ! He rode away on the quad after it tumbled down about 200ft hill, and finally stopped in a large hole. Leave it to the Honda to start right back up and drive away on it :P Had a bent axel, bent handle bars, plastics were mangled, and headlight smashed. Other then that, its was alright .. if i remember right. He could ride it fast, cause that axel was bent pretty bad lol.

Cody_300ex
02-10-2005, 03:05 PM
Ouch, did you get any pics of it? How much is he going to have to pay?

Guy400
02-10-2005, 06:08 PM
I saw the quad when I was riding down there this weekend. It was sitting at the bottom of a ravine and it had "EXRiders.com" written on the plastic with a permanent marker:eek2:

:devil:

bradley300
02-10-2005, 06:14 PM
well, dont feel bad, you are the only one who has rolled a quad off those mountains... me and ungly motha have done it too.

and the official hatfield ride is the weekend after the 4th of july

rev
02-11-2005, 12:09 AM
look like some slickers to me

Rico
02-11-2005, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by Guy400
I saw the quad when I was riding down there this weekend. It was sitting at the bottom of a ravine and it had "EXRiders.com" written on the plastic with a permanent marker:eek2:

ROFLMFAO

Woodsrider
02-11-2005, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Guy400

BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! LMGDAO I had almost forgotten about that!

r-exrider0003
02-11-2005, 09:49 PM
sorry to hear about your bad luck, and the 400ex wreck is on www.bluetraxx.com