PDA

View Full Version : Best way to get used to runnin a twist?

Out_Sider
02-10-2005, 09:13 AM
well, everyone knows that you dont get full throttle position on most aftermarket carbs when you use a thumb throttle, and im gonna be gettin a new carb soon, and i've always wanted to try a twist on my quad. now i have a twist throttle assembly that was for a 400ex but i dont have a cable, so where could i get just the cable? and right now my quad is still in pieces cuz i have yet to start puttin it back together with being sick and all that bs stuf. i havent rode a quad in sometime now (since i tore it down) and do you think if i put a twist on it first thing, that i would get used to it faster?

Jay99400ex
02-10-2005, 09:32 AM
Just sit on it with out it running and go vroom vroom

UglyMotha™
02-10-2005, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Jay99400ex

I've been doin that for the past several years and have yet to get any faster :o :( it boosts my confidence though :D

400exrider707
02-10-2005, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Jay99400ex

It helps cure the winter time blues.

khen
02-10-2005, 10:20 AM
I think that it would be more important that you install it when you have time to practice for several hours with it before you have to race. I got the basic feel for it quickly and really liked it, but I ended out removing it after about 1 1/2 years when it caused me to wreck on a tight/technical arenacross track. What type of twist throttle is it? If it's a Motion Pro I'm sure they have the cables available, or they can refer you to a dealer that has them.

CRE Performance
02-10-2005, 10:22 AM
I just removed my twist throttle. It was a motion pro complete with cable. I rode it for about 20 hrs total with it and loved it till I went and done some MX practice and found it was my worse enemy, so ill take $20 plus shipping from N.GA if you want it.:D

wilkin250r
02-10-2005, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Out_Sider
well, everyone knows that you dont get full throttle position on most aftermarket carbs when you use a thumb throttle,

If it's longer pull you want, the 250r thumb throttle has a longer pull than a 400EX throttle. If the carb isn't fully open with your existing thumb throttle, try the 250r throttle.